Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2014, 04:15 PM

Thumbs down

Oh God....not again. Please Moderators, lock this. I suggest you all do a search of this topic. It was put to rest WAAAAYYYYY back in September. The Executive Order has no effect whatsoever on CMP. This was announced by Orest and the GCA during the GCA Convention. Orest personally showed me a notice from the CMP Legal Staff indicating it would have no effect on their ability to receive rifles from the Army...which, BTW, is where CMP gets them. From the Army and private donations.

CMP does not import the rifles they sell and they are not an importer. Nuff said.

Oh, and let's not start bringing up the infamous Korean Garands again ready to be imported (actually waiting to be sold by Korea) but can't be.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:22 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2761377 View Post
the sophistry of this answer is laughable.

the rifles come through DoD. whose in charge at DoD? presidential appointee Chuck Hagel.

get back to me when CMP gets a new shipment of rifles from overseas.
Perhaps laughable to the uninformed but to the informed it is completely true in actual fact. CMP does not import rifles from anywhere and they receive no rifles except through the Army/DOD and private contributions.

"get back to me when CMP gets a new shipment of rifles from overseas"
Don't hold your breath, CMP doesn't ever get any rifles directly from overseas. You could have a long wait.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapriester View Post
Oh God....not again. Please Moderators, lock this.
If you want it locked so badly why did you prolong it by adding two posts?
Old 04-24-2014, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punch the Clown View Post
Punch...he can't read what you said, everyone is blocked except Orest and all new guys joining in the last 6 months.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punch the Clown View Post
Just to pi$$ you off.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:35 PM

Default M1 for Prez!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgdguns View Post
At least the M1 was born in the US
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! What are you implying? I believe him, don't you?
Old 04-24-2014, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by togor View Post
This thread is ripe for locking, I would say.
Priorities: The moderators are still searching through the list of members with a fine toothed comb in order to see if anyone still has the CMP Customer tag under their name. I placed a sales ad which apparently did not meet specs and it was removed within three minutes! Like I said...Priorities!
Old 04-24-2014, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapriester View Post
Perhaps laughable to the uninformed but to the informed it is completely true in actual fact. CMP does not import rifles from anywhere and they receive no rifles except through the Army/DOD and private contributions.

"get back to me when CMP gets a new shipment of rifles from overseas"
Don't hold your breath, CMP doesn't ever get any rifles directly from overseas. You could have a long wait.
So, basically, Larry, what your saying is that there won't be an increase in the number of Carbines or M1s or such with import marks on them. Not to make light, but from the perspective of most folks on this forum, a good thing? I don't know anyone that actively seeks the dreaded Blue Sky or Federal Ordnance Garands... I'm somewhat ashamed to admit that my one and only carbine has a CAI import mark (albeit small and somewhat carefully done)

I think this thread started off poorly. A guy with 4 posts trolls the forum to try and stir things up. Except he fails to understand that the pathetic executive action, that from what I can tell, was just done to provide a pathetic politcal blurb, has no real bearing on our vintage shooting activities. (Do not misinterpret me, I am not in support of such an action.)

We'll live another day, and there are a heck of a lot of Garands, and other firearms, floating around right now. I don't see this action as the thrust of the important rights issues on the table.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTC29 View Post
Priorities: The moderators are still searching through the list of members with a fine toothed comb in order to see if anyone still has the CMP Customer tag under their name. I placed a sales ad which apparently did not meet specs and it was removed within three minutes! Like I said...Priorities!
In all honesty, most of the poeople on here ought to have a sparkly tag next to their name reading "CMP Degenerate," myself included.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:37 PM

"Helping the CMP- Contact you representatives "

Pretty sure Orest has said in the past that CMP doesn't need that kind of "help".

Tags
cmp, politics