Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2016, 01:59 PM

Default What's your predication, all orders received Monday to be filled?

I, like probably every person reading this thread has sent in an order today and will have the order at CMP on Monday. I'm going to go out on a limb and say all orders received on that day will be filled, but don't know about any after that. What's your guess?
Old 01-29-2016, 02:08 PM

I think everyone is way too wrapped around the axle about this. Just like with the IHCs last year, the CMP is not going to open up a mail order unless they feel they have quantity to reasonably meet the demand. Sure, you might get bumped from a service grade to a field grade, but I would be exceedingly surprised if any order mailed in this week (regardless of whether you paid 49 cents for postage or $40) did not win a carbine. Time will tell!
Old 01-29-2016, 02:10 PM

I ordered a service grade but didn't but field grade as backup....should have....if it comes to that, hopefully they will email me and ask
Old 01-29-2016, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonlawvol View Post
I ordered a service grade but didn't but field grade as backup....should have....if it comes to that, hopefully they will email me and ask
I think they will. They emailed me last year when they ran out of SG IHCs asking if I wanted to substitute a FG.
Old 01-29-2016, 03:11 PM

The demand will be high...but they surely have a reasonable number ready to ship. I would definitely think that more service grade orders will be received than they have and will be changed to field. And as with the Garands, I would imagine that some if not many of these will be "put together" by CMP armorers...still USGI parts.
Old 01-29-2016, 03:17 PM

I ordered an IHC Garand last year and didn't make the initial cut, but got one a couple of months later after the backlog of orders cleared out. I'm hoping it will work the same with the carbines, if there are more in inventory to be processed for sales.
Old 01-29-2016, 03:23 PM

CMP is really.good at gauging mail orders vs stock on hand. Keep the faith all.
Old 01-29-2016, 03:43 PM

I agree... While the demand is high, we will have all Monday orders filled and then when the dust settles after the initial "SOLD OUT" there will be a lot of people who get contacted and asked if they are still interested. They shut things down quick enough that if they have some straggler orders they will be able to still meet them.
Old 01-29-2016, 03:44 PM

First order since 2012. Rolled the dice with a stamp from Iowa. If it's meant to be it will happen. Haven't had the rush of a CMP order in awhile so figured what the heck.
Old 01-29-2016, 03:55 PM

Put my order in - overnighted it via UPS. Praying for a service grade...

Anyone know if they include a official CMP certificate with carbines like they do with the garands? love the certificates cmp sends... suitable for framing