Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2016, 06:43 PM

Default No real help is available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Det. Jason 714 View Post
I'm.trying to.curb my garand habit with a carbine. I would.love to sort through the field.and Rackers.
Jason,
That is a failed stragedy. I have been in and out of Carbines for 30 years and it has not helped my Garand problem.
The only thing that helped me Garand problem, was more Garands
Rob
Old 01-31-2016, 06:50 PM

at my age my time and comfort are way to important then saving a few $$$ just to get a grab bag carbine. I would rather add $200 to that purchase price and pick out what I want after I get to check it out and I will do so with plenty of sleep and warmth lol, probably from some of you guys when you sell them in a few weeks, months or year lol. On a good note that leaves one more carbine for y'all to get!! There is a guy who tried to sell here once, he goes to the CMP all the time to buy Garands and they flips them days later on our local forum site, The Outdoor Trader (ODT). I am sure he will be there to get one on Wednesday and that will be for sale by Friday on the ODT.

Last edited by cali201; 01-31-2016 at 06:52 PM.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali201 View Post
at my age my time and comfort are way to important then saving a few $$$ just to get a grab bag carbine. I would rather add $200 to that purchase price and pick out what I want after I get to check it out and I will do so with plenty of sleep and warmth lol, probably from some of you guys when you sell them in a few weeks, months or year lol. On a good note that leaves one more carbine for y'all to get!! There is a guy who tried to sell here once, he goes to the CMP all the time to buy Garands and they flips them days later on our local forum site, The Outdoor Trader (ODT). I am sure he will be there to get one on Wednesday and that will be for sale by Friday on the ODT.
Very true for traveling to a store and camping out in my book. Not so much for chucking a couple papers in an envelope with a stamp.

If a guy is gonna pick up one just to flip it I say all the more power to them, but I'm pretty sure the vast, vast majority will hold them.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:20 PM

I agree with the mail for sure.

I am not a fan of picking up just to flip, for some reason I think that goes against what I think the CMP stands for. Plus I am sure in the eyes of the law if you are buying just for resale you better be a dealer, of course hard to prove unless there is a track record of doing it. By the way, all IMO.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:27 PM

Quote:
I agree with the mail for sure.

I am not a fan of picking up just to flip, for some reason I think that goes against what I think the CMP stands for. Plus I am sure in the eyes of the law if you are buying just for resale you better be a dealer, of course hard to prove unless there is a track record of doing it. By the way, all IMO.
I am not sure what going to the store to hand pick has to do with flipping.
Am I reading your post incorrectly?
I have done both mail order and store picking.
Personally I think going to the store to be the best sort of fun you can have in this hobby
Rob
Old 01-31-2016, 07:51 PM

I am just happy to have been able to do the pilgrimage when the racks were full of all grades, along with woodless danes and reparked barreled receivers.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob30-06 View Post
I am not sure what going to the store to hand pick has to do with flipping.
Am I reading your post incorrectly?
I have done both mail order and store picking.
Personally I think going to the store to be the best sort of fun you can have in this hobby
Rob
one guy goes to buy quite often but only to resell on a local gun forum, to make a profit.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:56 PM

Quote:
one guy goes to buy quite often but only to resell on a local gun forum, to make a profit.
I do not think I know him. Do you have a name?
Rob
Old 01-31-2016, 08:04 PM

Quote:
if you are going to do all that you better get there in line the night before or is that days before? Like black Friday, some people line up for weeks in advance!! And once you get in the door I doubt if you will be able to look at them, you will probably be lucky to grab one and hold on to it then try to see another. Look at the tag for maker ID but you probably will be able to just get the one you grabbed first. I have to ask, by the time you drive 8 hours each way, maybe hotel if you do not spend the cold night in the parking lot with one of you on line, is it worth the $$$???? If I wanted an IBM I would just get one from the many places you can buy a carbine.
I never see an IBM locally and very few on Gunbroker etc. that aren't twice what CMP has them priced at. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places. Any suggestions?
I have wanted to make the trip someday, this is just a reason to do it sooner. And yes I plan on sleeping in the parking lot. I'm only 60, not old like some of the guys on here
Old 01-31-2016, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Tom View Post
I never see an IBM locally and very few on Gunbroker etc. that aren't twice what CMP has them priced at. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places. Any suggestions?
I have wanted to make the trip someday, this is just a reason to do it sooner. And yes I plan on sleeping in the parking lot. I'm only 60, not old like some of the guys on here
you will have to sleep on line at the door (unless you plan on making your wife do that lol).

GB has IBMs a decent prices now and then. Also keep an eye on the for sale side of the forum here. And post a WTB as well. Chances in the situation that will take place on the 4th of you grabbing an IBM IMO are not very good knowing what a rush in the door it will be. Remember seeing some of those black friday videos on the news now and then lol?