Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2016, 07:32 PM

Apparently not everybody who got their order in after the 1st was disappointed. This was posted in another fourm:

Quote:
Ordered a Service Grade and the order paperwork arrived 2/2 at 1132. Figured I had missed out. Surprised Monday night 2/22 when I got the DBU. Carbine arrived today..............
I suspect if this is true it will definitely throw a rock into the hornets nest.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:59 PM

Its kind of messed up though if somebody got theirs in on the first and gets left out but others from the 2nd and 3rd get filled.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:06 PM

Yes...this is odd. Did not Mr Johnson say the 5000 orders from the 1st would be the ones in the pool for luck of the draw?
I guess it's up to them to do what they want but just doesn't sit well if indeed I remember correctly what he posted?
Old 02-25-2016, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khenzel View Post
well,
if Ponchsox's vote is correct on the poll i just posted, he'd be the first that got shut out with a dear john on a 2/1 order...

hunter you can claim the first vote on the "after 2/1" category for rejected if you move fast! lol
BAHM! Nailed it. Thanks buddy. never would have seen that and have been able to stake my rightful claim.
For the record , next time I make it to the North Store , I WILL be available for signing autographs.
I'm not the type to let this go to my head.
Always remember your roots.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanJ View Post
And we want to help you celebrate!!

Who said we are a tough group??
Tough , yes , or so it seemed ..... but after some thought on the matter , it's more than fair.
I mean ..... I had not been rejected by an order the CMP got on the 1st.
I will take my rightful spot on 1st to be rejected on the 2nd.
I confuse I was slightly blinded by the greed of thinking I was the 1st to be rejected.
I'm ok now.
But that 10 seconds it took from when I seen the email til the time I got to read it ...... were AWESOME!

Last edited by hunterX; 02-25-2016 at 08:26 PM.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strick View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinR View Post
Everyone whose order got there on the 2nd will get that email. They went "sold out" at something like noon on the 1st... if not sooner.
Do you work for the CMP or have inside information?
No, to both question. They posted the "Sold Out" in the middle of the day on the 1st, after receiving 5,000+ orders before noon (for 2,000 rifles).

Someone else called and got the information about the number of day 1 orders (23 bins of orders, and the bins aren't small).
Old 02-25-2016, 08:55 PM

A member on another forum received a similar email today from the CMP saying they are now out of stock. Bummer since I too was hoping to get a CMP carbine.
Old 02-25-2016, 09:11 PM

Mine got there the 2nd as well. I fully expect the same email soon.

I'm having no luck with these carbines. I had agreed to buy one from a guy nearby and set up a time and place to meet. He called me just 5 mins ago and said "I got you mixed up with someone else. The carbine was sold to someone else." SOL again!

I just hope they offer me a Garand instead and maybe I'll get something special for trade bait.

- thedoveshooter
Old 02-25-2016, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM1MAN View Post
Well, at least the end is apparently in sight. Knowing is better than not knowing. I think...
I wouldn't jump to that conclusion yet. Those with orders from the 2nd or later are guaranteed to get that email. So far, we haven't even heard of anyone getting a Field Grade yet (that I know of).

Not that I'm not pessimistic about my chances... lol
Old 02-25-2016, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinR View Post
I wouldn't jump to that conclusion yet. Those with orders from the 2nd or later are guaranteed to get that email. So far, we haven't even heard of anyone getting a Field Grade yet (that I know of).

Not that I'm not pessimistic about my chances... lol
I haven't seen a field grade on this forum yet but someone on another forum did get shipped a field grade carbine recently.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...1159197&page=3