Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2019, 08:14 AM

Default New Update

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/1911-information/

We have received no information about the future release of anymore pistols. When we know we will post the information on our web site.
AUGUST 2019 UPDATE
WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING 1911 PACKETS, PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT US TO RECEIVE A 1911 PACKET.

We are now placing pistols on our Auction site. They are listed under the “MEMORABILLIA” tab. The condition of the auction pistol will be described when posted for auction. Note: If you have already purchased a 1911 from CMP you will not be allowed to purchase an auction 1911. If you purchase an auction 1911, your name will be pulled from the sequenced list. No repeat purchasers are allowed until all orders received have been filled. CMP 1911 Paperwork and Payment must be received by 3:00 pm CST, the following Friday from date of auction close out. CMP 1911 Paperwork will be emailed to the winning bidder. ALL CMP 1911 requirements must be met. It is the responsibility of the winning bidder to finish a copy of the FFL where they wish the pistol to be sent. Again, we can only ship to a 01, 02 or o7 FFL holder. You may direct any questions to: 1911auction@thecmp.org.

We are still having pistols returned because their chosen FFL has gone out of business, closed for vacation, not opened during normal business hours and so on, it is the responsibility of the customer not CMP 1911 to make sure their FFL is available to receive the pistol. If the pistol is returned to CMP 1911 due to no fault of CMP 1911, the customer will be charged $25.00 for reshipment of the pistol. Before contacting CMP 1911 asking where your pistol is, please CALL your FFL to make sure they are not sitting on it. We have had numerous customers call after 60 days asking where their pistols is, and it has been sitting for 59 days at their FFL.

Some have complained about the “light gray” color of the pistols, we have found this is most likely due to the Parkerizing drying out due to storage. We have found that by oiling the pistol, the color will darken. It may take several coats oil. Remember some of these pistols have set in storage since the 60’s.

I was hoping they would have somthing about how many are left this round since I am around 300#'s away from the highest RNG called, But I'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited by Aflyer111; 08-16-2019 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Add Comment and Link
Old 08-16-2019, 08:48 AM

While i was also hoping for an update on pistols left as i am <100 away, i am glad the update didn't say, we are all out and done.

Sad that there isn't any update on a 2nd release but obviously that is out of their hands.
Old 08-16-2019, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brveagle View Post
While i was also hoping for an update on pistols left as i am <100 away, i am glad the update didn't say, we are all out and done.
Amen to that.
Old 08-16-2019, 03:08 PM

I am guessing the second release will only come well after the first batch is gone. I think a report of how the first round went will be worked up, slowly probably, then reviewed slowly, and then if we are lucky, the process of transferring will start again, slowly of coarse. I count my chickens and ducks every day, but NEVER before they are hatched. I eat the eggs before they hatch anyway. Well, you get the idea. The second batch is not guaranteed.
I hope for enough to be released that I will be able to have the chance for a second 1911, but I have serious doubts of being this lucky.