Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Parts For Sale or Trade > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2011, 09:49 PM

Smile $175 Shipped - Nice 6-63 Barrel D.o.D. Stamped

After finishing my July '42 Garand build, I have this barrel left over.

This is a very nice June 1963 barrel produced by Springfield Armory. From what I've read, these '60s era barrels are considered to be among the finest produced for the Garand by Springfield.

MARKINGS:

Marked SA 6535448 6 63 Y27 with the initials PM stamped to the right. The D.o.D. stamp (Boxed eagle under three stars) is also stamped into the barrel to the right of the drawing number data.

COSMETICS:

The chamber is in the white and there is chrome on the pads. The splines are in perfect condition; never peened. The threads for the gas cylinder lock are also in excellent condition. Crown is like new; no dents, dings, or wear. Bright bore. The rifling is in excellent condition and all four "lands" run all the way to the crown. Parkerizing estimated at 95%. There is no rust or pitting on this barrel. Everything appears to be in decent shape.

GAUGING:

I do not have the CMP muzzle / throat wear gauges, however the "bullet test" at the muzzle positively reveals about 1/4 of an inch of bullet on multiple standard M2 ball rounds that were tested. So, I expect the muzzle wear to be at "1" or perhaps less. The barrel appears to have seen very little use.

Altogether, this is a fine barrel and should produce excellent accuracy on the range.

PHOTOS:

Asking $175 shipped for the barrel. First "I'll take it" below this post wins the barrel. Please PM me with questions (please do not use e-mail). This may be posted on other forums.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:56 PM

PM sent. I'll take it.

Last edited by hammonje; 03-04-2011 at 11:16 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:04 AM

Quote:
PM sent. I'll take it.
Reply sent. I'm assuming that you will purchase it at $175 shipped, as indicated in the listing.

***BARREL IS SOLD PENDING FUNDS TO HAMMONJE***

Last edited by Eric_the_Red; 03-05-2011 at 12:17 AM.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:38 AM

I have been looking for an SA 60s barrel so I can take off a like new SA 5-44 from a recent 5.8M SA SG. Thanks. Muzzle looks great from the picture.

Gonna have to meander over and visit Ol' Hook.