Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2009, 06:30 PM

Default How do you hide your Carbines ?

I now have 4 and my wife thinks I have one. I am ok as long as I take out 1 at a time. I did manage to get 2 out to take pictures without getting caught but had to put them back quickly. I really would like to get all 4 out at once but can't seem to make it happen.

Now to compound the problem I can't fit all the guns in my safe so I have to lock them in a closet, she is now getting suspicious of the closet. I really don't want to have to rent a storage area to keep the guns in. I had to do this with my sports car collection and it has gotten expensive. I have to leave the house in my pickup go to the rented garage and park the tuck and take one of the sports cars out for a drive. This could get complicated because I also have a sailboat boat she doesn't know about in a slip at the lake. So if I want to go for a ride and shooting then for a sail I have to make a lot of stops. I forgot to mention the RV I have stored at the self storage lot. I guess I could store the carbines on the boat or the rv but that doesn't seem like a wise idea.

I need some advice from some of you older and sneaker veterans of carbine collecting.

Last edited by NolaSafari; 10-29-2009 at 06:46 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:39 PM

Carbines are small, put em in the sports cars.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:47 PM

Get a gang box and put it in the RV, weight it down with ammo and store the carbines in there.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:49 PM

If you have sportscar "collection" then lil'mama can replaced!

Man up and tell her if she don't like it you'll trade her in on two 20 year olds!

I told mine before I married her 20 years ago that I do as I do and if she didn't like it I was lookin for a woman when I found her.....

Works for me. Your results may vary.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:50 PM

Maybe you should trying more honest with your wife.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulf77 View Post
Maybe you should trying more honest with your wife.
You can't be serious.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:53 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaSafari View Post
I now have 4 and my wife thinks I have one. I am ok as long as I take out 1 at a time. I did manage to get 2 out to take pictures without getting caught but had to put them back quickly. I really would like to get all 4 out at once but can't seem to make it happen. ...
Now to compound the problem I can't fit all the guns in my safe so I have to lock them in a closet, she is now getting suspicious of the closet. ... I need some advice from some of you older and sneaker veterans of carbine collecting.
Don't fight it. Get a bigger safe so she can protect all of her diamonds and other procelss gifts you have showered on her. Then, every time SHE opens the safe she could not possibly be critical of a few dozen guns.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:54 PM

Best defense is a good offense. Bring them all out. If she questions you, act surprised and tell her that you've had them for years and thought that she knew about them. In fact you're certain that she's seen all of them already so what's the big deal? You got one in a trade for some old tools, the other one was a special club purchase that you got for peanuts, you won another one at a gun bash years ago.....etc etc. She may try to protest your all-out assault, but will more than likely end up walking away babbling to herself. After that, you're home free.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal30M1 View Post
If you have sportscar "collection" then lil'mama can replaced!

Man up and tell her if she don't like it you'll trade her in on two 20 year olds!

I told mine before I married her 20 years ago that I do as I do and if she didn't like it I was lookin for a woman when I found her.....

Works for me. Your results may vary.
Now I like the way you think.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSimonetti View Post
Best defense is a good offense. Bring them all out. If she questions you, act surprised and tell her that you've had them for years and thought that she knew about them. In fact you're certain that she's seen all of them already so what's the big deal? You got one in a trade for some old tools, the other one was a special club purchase that you got for peanuts, you won another one at a gun bash years ago.....etc etc. She may try to protest your all-out assault, but will more than likely end up walking away babbling to herself. After that, you're home free.
I like this plan, can it be refined to get her to give me a gun safe for Christmas?