Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 10:02 PM

If you read the legislation, our carbines would become NFA weapons and would have to have a $200 tyax stamp for each, the same as machine guns! If I read the law, my Marlin 1894 44-40 has a 13 round magazine, and would have to be registered, also!
Old 12-31-2012, 10:02 PM

79 more or less....
Old 12-31-2012, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imarangemaster View Post
If you read the legislation, our carbines would become NFA weapons and would have to have a $200 tyax stamp for each, the same as machine guns! If I read the law, my Marlin 1894 44-40 has a 13 round magazine, and would have to be registered, also!
tube magazine in that Marlin? plus isn't anything older than 1897 considered an antique (at least today)?
Old 12-31-2012, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFJon View Post
tube magazine in that Marlin? plus isn't anything older than 1897 considered an antique (at least today)?
It is a Century Limited built in 1994. The new bill includes attached magazine feeding devices of more than 10 rounds....
Old 12-31-2012, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strait View Post
it is a 1/2 percent increase in pay for federal employees - and an end to the pay freeze that federal employees have endured for the last two years.
Just wait the fiscal cliff will result in many federal workers getting the RIF notice unless they have RIF credits.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:23 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFJon View Post
Read the part about bayonet mounts. Can you say Krag,K98 Mauser, 1903 Springfield and 1917 Enfield. Weasel language = many bolt action weapons being classed as Assault Weapons.

Check out the bill for exact wording.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MH53Gunner View Post
Just wait the fiscal cliff will result in many federal workers getting the RIF notice unless they have RIF credits.
And those that work for federal contractors on federal programs...aka defense industry.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
She needs to stick one in her mouth. i wish the very worst for her in the new year
Gentlemen these type comments do not help your cause.

I think we can all agree that a ban will do nothing but make honest people criminals. There are simply to many weapons out there as anyone could buy a gun from a Sears catalog before 1968 and they would mail it to you.
I hate these quick fix feel good laws that don't help.
By the way my son was murdered last summer by a shotgun loaded with buckshot!! Banning any weapon will not fix the problem that some people should not own guns and we all know most of them do not do it legaly, but some do.What's next ban everything including slippery soap in a bath tub.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:21 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to ChrsGuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by imarangemaster View Post
Also, it is non-transferrable... So if I die in a car wreck or get sick, upon my death, the weapons are to be confiscated... Not passed on to my nearest family or children... Typical government. You pay for something and obtain it legally... they pass regulations costing you more aggrevation and money (to keep from becoming a "criminal"), and the second you croak, they take it from the people who should rightly obtain it (without even giving the money back)... Essentially, you are "renting" your gun from the government... Like China does with EVERYTHING they own. That's a little too USSR for me...
Old 12-31-2012, 11:56 PM

I was saddened when I saw Feinstein's hate list---I'm not aware of M-1 carbines being used in any psycho shooter (or other) crimes, and it's hitting power is so marginal that it's illegal to use an M-1 carbine to hunt anything but small game in most states.

Banning carbines is so illogical that I suspect it's a ploy to extract political revenge against her imagined enemies. I'm an economic conservative, but not a social one, and my open-minded votes are based upon candidate positions, not party doctrine. Unlike Feinstein, a wealthy dilettante committed to serving herself, I served my country and fellow citizens as a young man, and no vets my age have ever been implicated in psycho mass shootings---we're not a threat.

Given that, what justification or political gain is there in punishing law-abiding, mature, mostly-ex-military carbine collectors for crimes committed by young, wealthy, entitled males suffering from psychotic breaks?

I saw an angry, disturbing article written by a G'town law professor today raging about constitutional restrictions---he openly advocated overturning the bill of rights on the grounds that's an obsolete document. The anti-gun lunatics present insane positions like his as rational arguments, and then act confused when the general public's response is panic buying.

I support the right of citizens to state their positions in the facts-optional way that anti-2nd-amendment types seem to prefer---but, thankfully, our government policy is based upon time-tested constitutional principles, not on who screams the loudest.

The CT principal was incredibly heroic---a 50-something lady who charged a vicious gunman who shot her 11 times---she gave her life to save her children, and I'm sure that the disruption saved some of them. If she'd been armed, or armed security had been present, things would have turned out differently. We owe her and our children more than mean-spirited gamesmanship by ignorant political and media hacks. Nuff said.

Last edited by epm3; 01-01-2013 at 12:11 AM.