X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cosine26
    • Jun 2017

Forum Anomaly

When I log in to Forums using my Windows 7 based computer, the page comes right up. When I log in with my Windows 10 computer, the page cannot be reached. I am sitting here with my computers side by side.
  • Kansas Poster
    • Jul 2010

Try this site on Windows 10.

http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php

I had problems on Windows 7 with the one on the links.

If you get in with this, save it in your favorites.

Worked for me.
    Operation Positive Attitude.

Had 136 Pos feedbacks on the old system, in over two hundred transactions. They went poof. Please post your feedback here https://forums.thecmp.org/forum/mark...oster-feedback

Comment

• okc Bob
      • Apr 2015

I reach the page with win 10

Comment

• drywash
        • Oct 2009

Thanks for info, was having trouble with my windows 7 also. Comes right up on my phone.

Comment

• GGaskill
          Super Moderator
          • Dec 2009

Have you heard about the destructive Windows 10 update? October 2018, number 1809.
          Only hits count.

"The trouble with most people is that they think with their hopes or fears or wishes rather than with their minds."--Will Durant

Comment

• Kansas Poster
            • Jul 2010

Originally posted by GGaskill View Post
            Have you heard about the destructive Windows 10 update? October 2018, number 1809.
            No, tell me more please.
            Operation Positive Attitude.

Had 136 Pos feedbacks on the old system, in over two hundred transactions. They went poof. Please post your feedback here https://forums.thecmp.org/forum/mark...oster-feedback

Comment

• GGaskill
              Super Moderator
              • Dec 2009

It causes your Documents folder to be irretrievably deleted, among other things. Photo folders also have been reported as lost. Microsoft has pulled it for the moment but considering they let something that bad out, I would take regular backups to an offline device if I have auto-update turned on. Personally, I am still using Windows 7.
              Only hits count.

"The trouble with most people is that they think with their hopes or fears or wishes rather than with their minds."--Will Durant

Comment

• Cosine26
                • Jun 2017

I believe that Windows 10 is very bad. I am also using Windows 7 very successfully. I have an old laptop that still runs XP. I even bought a book on W 10, but nothing acts as indicated.

Comment

• letterman
                  • Oct 2009

GGaskill think again I know first hand they do.I Know someone who was in charge of a product that wasn’t working right. When she tried to get them not to release it they told her to. Deadline seems to be more important.

Comment

• GGaskill
                    Super Moderator
                    • Dec 2009

Deadline seems to be more important.

That certainly has been their reputation since Day 1. Certainly not quality.
                    Only hits count.

Comment

• ljagdtiger
                      • Oct 2009

Win 10 problem

Originally posted by Cosine26 View Post
                      I believe that Windows 10 is very bad. I am also using Windows 7 very successfully. I have an old laptop that still runs XP. I even bought a book on W 10, but nothing acts as indicated.
                      Been running Win 10. Updates current. Absolutely no problems. But I mainly use CMP Cites & Check E mail.

Comment

Working...
                      X