Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1A/M14
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2012, 12:54 PM

Default -

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhite49 View Post
For the heck of it I just called 7.62 and talked to a person, not sure who but Chris was not in. I asked what they would charge to install my TRW bolt and my Douglas barrel on one of the forged actions. His response blew me away. It is 100% free. Now that's customer service with a smile. I had been leaning towards Fultons but now with a basicaly free build thrown in you can't go wrong.
Mike
I've built two 7.62mm receivers. Both are fine rifles but they needed work on the safety bridge. One receiver was bought on a group buy that was supposed to include a complete bolt and a GI barrel. I received a bare bolt and a used commercial barrel.

I was not impressed by their bolt and would not use one. It is narrower than a GI bolt behind the lugs and IMHO gives no axial support where it should. Remember this is just my opinion and I'm an admitted amateur.

I also put a second set of eyes on a build they did for a guy locally to me and it was terrible. I mean really terrible. The only thing worse than the build was the customer service afterwords with no resolution for a long time. That was a while back so maybe things have changed. Others have been very happy with their builds but I would not recommend using the free build service.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:24 PM

I am finishing a build on a new SEI receiver. No issues with GI parts. A little bolt lapping and sight fits, bolt stop fits, safety bridge is good, trigger group fits. Life's happy!
Old 09-27-2012, 08:47 PM

I own an LRB and SA, but will choose a LRB everytime. They are hands down on top of the game when it comes to receivers and bolts
Very easy to deal with and if your a military man they do offer a discount
Old 09-27-2012, 10:07 PM

Default M 14 actions/build

I have most parts now, or at least ordered and on the way. My NEW TRW bolt showed up and it is new, and nice. How are the Smith Enterprise barrel's holding up compared to Douglas barrels? They are a bit cheaper than the Douglas ones. I think I would like to try the Medium weight one.
Mike
Old 09-27-2012, 10:14 PM

I don't really see how you could go wrong with either of those barrel choices. I have Douglas barrels on my NM rifles.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:07 PM

If you're asking me about the SEI barrels I don't know. I have a SAK NM, and still building. Few more parts to fit then a test fire and some park work.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:15 PM

Default M14 action/build

OK, where does one find a decent SAC NM barrel? The ones on gunbroker look like trash and are way overpriced.
Mike
Old 09-27-2012, 11:41 PM

M14 forum. Someone just sold a new Kreiger for $325 over there. I would not and did not pay a premium for mine. I just wanted as much GI as I could get. That Kreiger is one fine barrel, you just can't rush buying parts. Wait for the right stuff at a good price.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:48 PM

Default M14 builds

Krieger on thier web site only charges 340.00 a barell, so that really was not that good of a deal. Champion sells Douglas for about the same price. Kreiger are good but then so are Douglas. The old SACO-LOWEL barrels that are actualy marked are great, sometimes I see them cheap.
Mike
Old 09-28-2012, 12:20 AM

Kreiger has add ons that usually drive up the cost. Short chambering is like $60