Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1A/M14
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2012, 08:09 AM

Criterion SAK NM profile barrels can be purchased from LRB. They may be out. Criterion will produce more late this year. I have 3 on order.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhite49 View Post
Krieger on thier web site only charges 340.00 a barell, so that really was not that good of a deal. Champion sells Douglas for about the same price. Kreiger are good but then so are Douglas. The old SACO-LOWEL barrels that are actualy marked are great, sometimes I see them cheap.
Mike
The Champions price is installed.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:18 AM

Default -

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhite49 View Post
I have most parts now, or at least ordered and on the way. My NEW TRW bolt showed up and it is new, and nice. How are the Smith Enterprise barrel's holding up compared to Douglas barrels? They are a bit cheaper than the Douglas ones. I think I would like to try the Medium weight one.
Mike
You might want to look into Jon Wolfe medium weight barrels as an option.

http://www.shop.m-14parts.com/Wolfe-...rel-WMMWSS.htm
Old 09-28-2012, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d7cook View Post
You might want to look into Jon Wolfe medium weight barrels as an option.

http://www.shop.m-14parts.com/Wolfe-...rel-WMMWSS.htm
I have to agree with Cook. I have done four of the WMMW barrels that Jon puts out, and their accuracy is superb. One barrel that Geeck has is getting better it seems, with each round fired. My stainless is getting enough rounds down the tube now and is showing some phenominal accuracy. Criterion makes these for him also.

When Kreiger sells a short chambered barrel, they say it will be .010 short, but I have found that some are actually not short at all, or if they are, they are like .007 short, and less. Only one has shown a full .010 short in my building experience. Wolfe's seem to hold tolerance in this area much nicer. This is important when building a commercial receiver that may need extra room for headspace to hit. If it isn't a full .010, then you chance not being able to hit it with reaming and may be longer than desired for finish headspace.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammonje View Post
Criterion SAK NM profile barrels can be purchased from LRB. They may be out. Criterion will produce more late this year. I have 3 on order.
I think I may have gotten on of the last of those 2 weeks back. They had to check for me and found one.. I don't think there are any plans for ordering more of them.

I did pick up one of LRB's chrome lined, standard weight 18 1/2" barrel yesterday... That's going on an NOS LRB receiver I picked up on arfcom for $800...
Old 10-13-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nf1e View Post
LRB gets my vote. My last 7 builds have been 4 M25s and 3 M14SA. Fit and finish is excellent on all the LRB products I have used. Their bolts are as close to USGI as you will find in commercial reproductions.

http://
Love the .45!