Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2020, 08:36 AM

I have over 100 receivers and I have them throughout the entire serial range. I am certain that there were no breaks in the serial number range.

The serial numbers started at 1 and ended somewhere in the high 11000 range
Old 05-23-2020, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick B View Post
I always get a kick out of showing something and people still want to argue. I was collecting the Italian rifles in the 90's when no one wanted one let alone even knew they existed. I used to pay $350.00 for a complete rifle. Then all of the sudden everyone wanted one 5 years ago and all the experts come out. Rick B

Back in 2016 I posted a picture of BMR 10370 and a certain expert wouldn't believe me. So I just shrugged my shoulders.
Old 05-23-2020, 09:40 AM

Yep and I remember someone arguing how they gave PB and BMR serial numbers in blocks for only a total of 10,000. We proved that wrong and they still think this. I saved serial numbers to a spread sheet and they both made 11,000 or at least Bread did and Beretta made upwards of 10,000 for a total of up to 22,000 rifles total. I understand there were other contracts but those receiver heals and stocks were marked differently.
Rick B
Old 05-23-2020, 09:40 AM

I have PB 1511 used for a BM59SL. Also PB 2036 and Breda 7280 assembled into complete Danish Contract rifles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyTheCat View Post
The Danish contact began at serial number 1. I have BMR 9 and PB 7.
Old 05-23-2020, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick B View Post
I always get a kick out of showing something and people still want to argue. I was collecting the Italian rifles in the 90's when no one wanted one let alone even knew they existed. I used to pay $350.00 for a complete rifle. Then all of the sudden everyone wanted one 5 years ago and all the experts come out. Rick B
I picked up a a bargain Danish Beretta at an auction about 20 years ago. One local "expert" at the auction told me it was cheap Italian knockoff and I'd wasted my money.
FKF
Nr
Matching numbered stock, mismatched bolt.

Also have a Dane rebuild on SA receiver, mostly Beretta/Breda parts, VAR barrel. Serial number on stock matches the SA receiver serial, 1935859
Old 05-23-2020, 12:25 PM

Exactly. That's what they were telling me back when I was buying them up for cheap is that they were a junk knock off. When in fact I'm pretty sure we gave them the machinery in the beginning. They also used a lot of our floor scraps that were left in the very beginning and copied mostly the international harvester style for stocks. My understanding is they got some of IHC's machinery and some of Winchester's