Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Auction
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2018, 08:23 PM

They could have atleast threw in a hand full of the Greek toothbrushes
Old 06-21-2018, 10:18 PM

Default CMP Auction

On May 10, 2018 a rifle very similar to mine a M1D Winchester Win-13 Combo sold for 13k. My rifle is also a CMP rifle. Makes me feel good even though I know that people pay sometimes crazy money on the auction. The question I ask is where can I buy another one like this one? So maybe the price is not so crazy after all. I am very happy that I have been able to make the trip to Anniston 3 times in less than a year from south Florida. I am going again in late September. In the meantime I have found there are some good deals on the auction from time to time you just have to measure the real value and rarity of the item.
Old 09-02-2018, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb36 View Post
On May 10, 2018 a rifle very similar to mine a M1D Winchester Win-13 Combo sold for 13k. My rifle is also a CMP rifle. Makes me feel good even though I know that people pay sometimes crazy money on the auction.
I noticed the latest M1D was the exact same one that sold for 13K. They must have been unable to pay. It sold for $6,678 this time.
Old 09-02-2018, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryDoug View Post
I noticed the latest M1D was the exact same one that sold for 13K. They must have been unable to pay. It sold for $6,678 this time.
If you follow the auctions you'll see it happens alot, ok not sure if people just dont follow through or what happens
Old 09-02-2018, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnmccoy View Post
If you follow the auctions you'll see it happens alot, ok not sure if people just dont follow through or what happens
That's good to know. I sometimes see really nice ones that are just out of reach financially. And it's comforting to think you might get a second chance.

But, as always, the wife is looming in the background.
Old 09-05-2018, 09:49 AM

Hello All. A note from your Friendly CMP Auctioneer... Some times rifles are relisted. This is due to people: declining their win, not paying for their win, or not passing a background check. We like to try to give a person plenty of time to pay for their item or resubmit their back ground checks before relisting again. We thank you for your support and feel free to contact me for any questions.
ACausey@TheCMP.org
W (256)835-8455 ext418
F (256)835-3527
Old 09-07-2018, 07:47 AM

Another thing is that sometimes an item is auctioned and then the winner decides it isn't what they want and donate it right back to the CMP. The CMP gets that money as a donation and gets to auction it again in my case.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:06 PM

At that price I'd consider selling my Winchester M1D. Damn!