Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2020, 09:33 AM

Never say never pertains to a possibly sanded stock, I guess. So it could very well be real. If you aren't adept at IDing one and don't have quality pics showing the details, you probably know the rest of the advice I'd write here.
Old 11-22-2020, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagrant View Post
Never say never pertains to a possibly sanded stock, I guess. So it could very well be real. If you aren't adept at IDing one and don't have quality pics showing the details, you probably know the rest of the advice I'd write here.
I have a lot of experience and in my opinion itís genuine. Problem is itís the only one Iíve ever seen with that part of the stock sanded down.
Old 11-22-2020, 11:08 AM

Yeah, something doesn't add up here.
Old 11-24-2020, 05:21 PM

The radius on the low wood cut-out is not correct. It's sloped. Could be sanded, could be a fake. Post a picture of the IO inside the stock, that would show if it's fake or sanded. But; no marking on pistol grip, rework rivets, multiple main stock exterior issues; Too many thing wrong. Run away.
Old 11-24-2020, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubb2 View Post
The radius on the low wood cut-out is not correct. It's sloped. Could be sanded, could be a fake. Post a picture of the IO inside the stock, that would show if it's fake or sanded. But; no marking on pistol grip, rework rivets, multiple main stock exterior issues; Too many thing wrong. Run away.
Yea I passed on it!
Old 11-24-2020, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubb2 View Post
Granted, the stock did have OI inside and a Circle P on the heel of the stock.

That can all be faked though unfortunately.
Old 01-07-2021, 10:35 AM

I know that shop and looked at that carbine.

I think it was a legit rebuild.

The stock was likely sanded at RIA during rebuild, maybe there was a reason that area was sanded more than normal. The RIA stamp and circle P would have both been applied after the rebuild. They would not care what handguard went back on it, just like they didn't care which actions went back in them at rebuild.