Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > 3-Position Air Rifle
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2016, 02:42 PM

After debating and stalling I finally sent out an order for one. Mailed it from Harrisburg, PA last Wednesday and go it at my NC address today. Really fast delivery. Got everything listed and shown in the pic above. After fiddling around with it and tightening up front sight which was loose along with some lube on the felt pad this thing shoots great. Wish I had done it years ago. Now have correct match targets coming and some 8.0 grain pellets. Was using my pistol 7.0 grain ones to play with. Will play further with different pellets as I use them up.

Best $115 you can spend for a raining afternoon practice. Thanks for all your comments on this little rifle to convince me to get it a try.
Old 10-28-2016, 06:27 PM

Default Got one!

Got my Daisy this week. My basement has a clean 10 meter distance, so I'm looking forward to some winter target shooting. My wife is pretty psyched to have a basement target range, which is nice.

I want to pick up some of the 5 pellet clips, it is a little awkward trying to get the pellet into the chamber correctly with my thick fingers.
Old 11-14-2016, 12:11 PM

I'm not sure those work in these rifles. I know they work in the 853c. CMP sells both the single shot 853 and the clip version 853c. The refurbished ones say they are the 853 only, not the c.

Last edited by Johnho; 11-28-2016 at 09:56 AM.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:24 PM

Thanks Johnho,
I'll double check, but it sounds like you saved me a couple bucks.

Andy