X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OODA_Loop
    • Dec 2012

First visit to South Store…questions

Planning my first visit to the South Store in early December.

Questions -

1. With proof of CMP organization membership, a 03 (C&R)FFL, and appropriate ID, I should be able to walk out with a rifle - IF I find something I must have. Correct?

2. Are they selling ammo there? Spam cans of HXP? .22 LR?

Thank you.
  • eldestbrother
    • May 2012

1. If you walk out with it you must pay Alabama sales tax, if you have it shipped all you have to pay is shipping. Much cheaper to have it shipped. Unless you are an Al resident in which case you are gonna pay sales tax anyways.

2. Yes
    USMC / USN CPO Retired.

Comment

• Shomway
      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by eldestbrother View Post
      1. If you walk out with it you must pay Alabama sales tax, if you have it shipped all you have to pay is shipping. Much cheaper to have it shipped. Unless you are an Al resident in which case you are gonna pay sales tax anyways.

2. Yes
      Actually shipping is included in the price now.
      31- 100% ITrader feedback prior to removal.
      Feedback....http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=209950

Comment

• Bwcritch
        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by eldestbrother View Post

2. Yes
        Originally posted by Shomway View Post
        Actually shipping is included in the price now.
        To add to Shomway's reply,

The cost of shipping is included in the price of the rifles no matter what. If you take it with you, you still pay the same price, no discount. You will also have to pay sales tax for anything you walk away with. At the SS it is 10% sales tax. I still live in Alabama, but have it shipped because the sales tax is only 4%, so the few dollars I save that way I use to pay for gas. If you are going to purchase a can of ammo (or more) someone else is going to have to answer how that works. In the past it was always better to walk away with ammo and ship rifles. Shipping is not built into the price of somethings like bayonets, slings, and so on, so often times it is cheaper to pay the sales tax than it is to pay for shipping.

I would take a look at a mail order form and see what paperwork is needed in the check off page. The only thing you will not need is the notarized stuff since they will take care of that for you in person. Also you can take it just to be sure, but I don't think you'll need your C&R since they don't have to ship to a FFL for most states. (Notice I said most states)

As for ammo they have available you will either need to read the latest store report, see if its available on the e-store (usually if its online, you can get it in person, but I have never gotten any 22), or you can always call them about what ammo they have available for purchase in person.
        Last edited by Bwcritch; 11-26-2015, 10:03 AM.
        Feedback here

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....light=bwcritch

Comment

• weimar_police
          • Nov 2012

Does ammo cost less at the stores, because shipping is included in the on-line price...
          Edward Tinker - Co-Author of Police Lugers & Simson Lugers - Veteran Bring Backs Vol 1-4

Comment

• Bwcritch
            • Jul 2012

Originally posted by weimar_police View Post
            Does ammo cost less at the stores, because shipping is included in the on-line price...
            Not sure exactly how the ammo is currently priced. Last time I purchased it in the store was back when shipping was separate on everything. It is my understanding that the price online is the same in person, though someone who has made a recent purchase would be better to answer that particular question. I am even editing my last post to better reflect that after thinking about that a little bit.
            Feedback here

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....light=bwcritch

Comment

• HunterTN
              • Aug 2010

They do discount the ammo a little, I want to say the loose stuff was $8-10 cheaper? But then you're going to get hit with 10% tax. So you still lose walking out with it.

Comment

• OODA_Loop
                • Dec 2012

Thank you all.

Comment

Working...
                X