Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2009, 01:06 PM

Default A Few Final Questions

I am going to the south store in two weeks, and just wanted to make sure I am totally prepared. This will be my first Garand, and I cannot wait to get there!

I have proof of marksmanship, a club membership card, proof of age, and proof of citizenship (just a regular birth certificate will work, right?)

Also, I know there is a 9% tax if I am planning on taking it out of state. Does this apply to ammo as well? I will probably just have it all shipped to me.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
You guys are great, thanks!

-Taylor
Old 11-18-2009, 02:57 PM

sales tax is on everything. if you have it shipped (and do not live in Alabama) you only have to pay shipping (no tax). If you take it home with you that day you pay the 9% sales tax
Old 11-20-2009, 04:12 PM

Yep, that's all you need. If you're not part of a club, you can join when you get there like I did.

Just have it shipped, it's a LOT cheaper. The only bad part is that you have to wait for it. Luckily the shipping on the rifles is priority overnight, so you'll get it before 10:30AM the day after they ship it. I bought mine on Saturday, they shipped it Monday, and I got it at 8AM on Tuesday.

Find yourself a nice one. The Field Grade pickings are slim, but if you don't mind having to put a little work into it, there were some decent ones. The SG Specials are too pretty to pass up. If you don't plan on spending $800 on your rifle, don't even look at them because you'll buy one.

Good luck!