Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Parts For Sale or Trade
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2019, 01:40 PM

I recall the posting from the seller as I was looking for a M14 oprod at the time. The seller posted great pics and was obvious that it had pitting and had been reparked....he hid nothing. The buyer(now banned) went ahead and purchased and then was unhappy with what he received and wanted a discount or refund. Like you said, there is two sides to a story.

Hi Shomway,

So I think your saying, in this one case. The seller was justified in not giving the now banned poster - his cash or a discount back?
The seller posted great pictures & represented the op rod correctly.

If you follow the 1911 CMP buy, you see some people that return 1911's pistols. Because they are not the SINGER 1911 they wanted,pitting on frame/ slide, or a part or three is not correct to the original issue!

I wish there was a way to please everyone.

Take care,
broom
Old 06-21-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shomway View Post
And here's a prime example of why they would want to close it down.
Yup, thank you D - adding one more nail to the coffin; what don't folks understand about this ?
Old 06-21-2019, 01:59 PM

Hi Herrmann,

I can see your annoyed about your problem with a bad seller! I can't blame you one bit! ( In a earlier post) In my case- I called the local police in Conn. they stopped in & talked to the dealer & I got my money back.

Did you try to contact the local police or USPS where the guy has a shipping address? Any luck getting a refund the through way you sent the money ? -pay pal or money order? Try to have all the information at hand so the police of credit company can help you.
I hope you an get your money back ...I know the chances are slim the longer you wait.
How can we make it work better for all of us?

Better Luck in the future,
broom
Old 06-21-2019, 02:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by broomhandle View Post
Hi Shomway,

So I think your saying, in this one case. The seller was justified in not giving the now banned poster - his cash or a discount back?
The seller posted great pictures & represented the op rod correctly.

If you follow the 1911 CMP buy, you see some people that return 1911's pistols. Because they are not the SINGER 1911 they wanted,pitting on frame/ slide, or a part or three is not correct to the original issue!

I wish there was a way to please everyone.

Take care,
broom
Broom, The seller was upfront on his pics(not my cup of tea oprod) and tab measurements. Other than the appearance of the oprod I'm sure it would function just fine, and isn't that what counts. The price offered was below a normal USGI M14 used oprod. The buyer should have known what he was getting(not a novice M14 person) and made the choice to purchase...I guess he knew what he wanted. You can't hold everyone's hand since the signs were obvious...it is what it is!
Since I don't know how the communications went between buyer and seller, but the attitude displayed here of the buyer may indicate the direction went South quickly. In that case I bet any civil discussion was gone and the seller threw up his hands...I wouldn't blame him!
I think every transaction here is unique and should be looked at that way.
Old 06-21-2019, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Can we get a three day return rule accepted by the CMP membership?
Totally unenforceable and I certainly wouldn't accept a firearm back after 3 days since I don't know what's been done with it. A dealer may but I'm not. Do your homework, ask questions, look at pictures, ask for more pictures and decide, then live with the decision unless there is blatant misrepresentation of the item.
Old 06-21-2019, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpm View Post
Totally unenforceable and I certainly wouldn't accept a firearm back after 3 days since I don't know what's been done with it. A dealer may but I'm not. Do your homework, ask questions, look at pictures, ask for more pictures and decide, then live with the decision unless there is blatant misrepresentation of the item.
Hi Jpm,

Your probably right! On the old Shooterville board a guy sold a pistol to someone & he returned it. ALL the internal parts were switch out with JUNK!:

Do your homework, ask questions, look at pictures, ask for more pictures and decide, then live with the decision unless there is blatant misrepresentation of the item.

That Sir is a CLEAR statement for the CMP to post!

Thanks for the reply,
broom
Old 06-21-2019, 02:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Hi Shomway,
I think it's time to let the people with the power here at the CMP come up with a clear guide line. That makes it clear that any deal is TOTALLY between the buyer & seller....
The CMP is NOT involved or responsible in any way for problems that arise.

Best wish's to you & all the fine posters that have replied to this thread,

broom
I think CMP has pretty much said that....
Quote:
The CMP, any of its staff and forum administrators/moderators assume NO liability or responsibility for Marketplace transactions. Members will use at their own risk!
With your help, we can make the CMP Forums safe for all.
http://forums.thecmp.org/announcement.php?f=11
Old 06-21-2019, 03:22 PM

Have been very pleased with the Marketplace. Have bought several rifles from fellow CMP members. Have bought ammunition. Have also made some sales. Very satisfied with how the transactions have been conducted. Do not consider that the odd dissatisfied individual is normative. Do consider the overwhelming vast majority of CMP members have been very happy with the Marketplace. Would respectfully ask the CMP staff/forum administrators/moderators to not eliminate the Marketplace. Sincerely. bruce.
Old 06-21-2019, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shomway View Post
I think CMP has pretty much said that....

http://forums.thecmp.org/announcement.php?f=11
Yet some people still expect the CMP to step in and fix perceived injustices. I’ve seen more than a few posts of people criticizing the CMP along the lines of “so-and-so ripped me off and I told the CMP and the CMP did nothing about it”. Just causes headaches for the CMP.
Old 08-15-2019, 02:26 PM

That would break my heart. One of the few places that isn’t against fire arms and it helps new people find parts for they’re mil surps