Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > Garand, Springfield, Military Rifle and Rimfire Matches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2018, 06:07 PM

Default New England Games were great again

I attended the 2018 New England Games at Camp Ethan Allen Training Sight and once again had a fantastic time. The events started on Tuesday Sept 18 and ran thru Monday Sept. 24. I was there Thursday thru Sunday. The CMP and VSRPA put on an outstanding event. According to Christine there were over 200 shooters in attendance for the week. Camp Ethan Allen is a wonderful facility with excellent ranges and housing. The Green Mountains were beautiful in the early Autumn weather. Friday was rainy but fortunately for me I was shooting the 1911 and M&P match that day and the shooting line is covered. Wild turkey were in abundance and graze all over the facility. Base accommodations were comfortable. At the last minute a Army unit was scheduled for training and one of the usual barrack buildings were assigned to them. Some shooters had to be assigned to 24 bunk rooms instead of more private ones. However, no more than six people were bunked in these large rooms. I was very comfortable and met some really nice people in the larger room. I don't think anyone felt put out by the arrangement and after all the Troops should come first. The CMP stated at one of the award ceremonies that if the next two years draw the same number of shooters that the games would be a permanent CMP event. I'm looking forward to next years games and hope to see similar turn out. If you haven't been to the NE games you should really give a try, you won't be disappointed. I didn't have time to take any pictures but look for photos of the games in the Competition Section, they should be posted soon. The young lady that takes the photos at the games does a very professional job. Eddie
Old 10-04-2018, 08:22 PM

Agreed.

The barracks situation was not as bad as I feared from the email traffic prior to leaving. I was a bit worried over the lack of keys for the rooms, leaving everything unsecured.

The games were great, as good as last year. Mixing up the schedule allowed us to shoot the Rimfire Sporter match, one that my group wouldn't normally have the opportunity to shoot at the Nationals due to its placement in the Rimfire week, and loved it.

Whatever computer snafu was messing up the registrations seemed to be handled well by the personnel running the lines.

And the KTS worked flawlessly <oh, here we go....>

Some of my team is talking about skipping Perry in favor of the NE Games due to the ease, simplicity and schedule of these games.

Overall, good show, CMP.

Thanx, and we will be back next year.
Old 10-05-2018, 01:27 PM

This was my third trip to the New England Games, and each time has been fantastic. Well run, beautiful setting, nice people.

Upon learning of the barracks situation, I opted to tent camp up on the hill behind the chapel. Slept like a baby and didn't subject anyone to my Richter Scale snoring. In case anyone thought General Dynamics was testing mini guns at night- that was me.

I missed Perry due to an important work conflict but given how nice were the NE Games, I don't feel shorted. At least a couple of the top GSMM shooters were there, so the level of competition was quite high.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:12 PM
Administrator

Here's a link to the VT Games Photos - https://cmp1.zenfolio.com/f910016650.

Enjoy,
Christine
Old 10-12-2018, 06:30 PM

Christine,thanks for that post.