Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2010, 07:11 AM

Default $1595 Inland at Pawn Shop

Stopped at local shop yesterday and they had a an Inland with a sales tag that incorrectly said Winchester and a price of $1595.00! Owner started telling me how scarce they were, etc, etc. I told him Inland made about 4M of them and were the most available, and that since this one had a hugh "Blue Sky" import stamp on side of barrel, that detracted from its desiribility. Told him that if he dropped the 1000 off the price, it might sell. Of course he didn't want to hear that.

I read various gun forums about the good buys some folks find at Pawn Shops but I've yet to see any gun in local shops that is not over priced. Often used ones are very near the price of new.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:28 AM

Ulflyer, they are out there....I bought a metal correct Inland 5.5 or so with a beautiful unrefinished IBM T3 Stock complete with USGI T2 band for 599 and had correct barrel ME1.5 no import marks. I have my eye on a QHMC at a pawn shop that has an asking price of 599. Also correct barrel and ME=2. but is a mixmaster. Looks like a CMP not import. I may buy that one as well as have most of the QHMC parts fo it. And it has a Rockola T3 hammer. GB has also had some decent buys recently for decent mixmasters. Gunny got good buys on a winnie and an S'G' recently. Keep looking!! Maybe someone in your area is snatching them up before you see them!!
Old 11-24-2010, 07:59 AM

Col B: wasn't looking specifically for a carbine as I have more than I need now, especially Inlands. Was shopping for something in 22 auto like a High Standard or similar. Impossible tho, not to look at a carbine, and if I were to find the type you describe, I'd be in big trouble. ha.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:02 AM

I know what your sayin' ulflyer, my local pawn shop has a couple beat up Winchester's for 880, each. I think that's a little high too.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulflyer View Post
Stopped at local shop yesterday and they had a an Inland with a sales tag that incorrectly said Winchester and a price of $1595.00! Owner started telling me how scarce they were, etc, etc. I told him Inland made about 4M of them and were the most available, and that since this one had a hugh "Blue Sky" import stamp on side of barrel, that detracted from its desiribility. Told him that if he dropped the 1000 off the price, it might sell. Of course he didn't want to hear that.
That must have been Audie's carbine.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:51 AM

Location: On the Chesapeake Bay near USNA, Annapolis, Maryland, USA

Ser # 1 ?????
Old 11-24-2010, 09:45 AM

The pawn shop at which I found that Underwood/Win is usually high priced for the few military items that come through.

In the couple years I've been checking the place, that was the first carbine I saw in there.

I know he had a way overpriced highly sporterized Krag he refused to come down on the price; it gathered dust for almost 2 years before it disappeared.

As for my carbine, I don't know if I got lucky, or he just didn't know what he really had.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj98 View Post
The pawn shop . . . way overpriced highly sporterized Krag he refused to come down on the price; it gathered dust for almost 2 years before it disappeared.
I have one local pawn shop I check weekly; good deals, if there are any, are in the marked-down racks on the floor. Stuff on the racks behind the counter I rarely bother looking at.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulflyer View Post
Col B: wasn't looking specifically for a carbine as I have more than I need now, especially Inlands. Was shopping for something in 22 auto like a High Standard or similar. Impossible tho, not to look at a carbine, and if I were to find the type you describe, I'd be in big trouble. ha.

I know exactly what you mean. I have 26 Carbines and can't help myself!! I think I need help!
Old 11-24-2010, 07:36 PM

I'm curious what pawnbrokers(Not the Pawn Star guys)
ACTUALLY pay for these things.