Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2011, 06:17 PM

Default Had a lot of fun at the north store today...

I went to pick up some ammo and a possible Winchester minus wood today. I ended up not picking up the Winchester because I didn't find what I was looking for. However, I did meet a really nice gentlemen, his father and his father's friend-all veterans. The two older gentlemen were Korean War Veterans. One was looking for his actual garand. I talked to them forever and it was very informative. I really got a kick out of them showing me the inspection drill they had to submit to when they were in basic. It was only chance they were even in the store. They couldn't do any fishing because of poor weather on the lake. The youngest member of the troop was on the fence concerning Garands. He trained with and drilled with AR/M-16's. While I do love my AR, there is just something about a Garand. He ended up going home with a nice field grade H & R that I helped him pick out. He also went home with Duff's book. A first timer and very excited about his purchase. Actually, everyone was excited including the older gentlemen who really wanted an M1, but couldn't 'justify' the purchase. I know what I know about Garands because people took me under their wing and taught me the ropes. I was glad to repay the favor. It is my belief that everyone needs an M1.
--UUU---(iii)---UUU--

Last edited by kilroywashere; 04-20-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:22 PM

Thanks for sharing! Makes me want to make another trip over to the North store.

I have a fairly decent gun collection, but I always tell people that if I ever have to get rid of all my guns, the one I'd keep would be one of my Garands. One always follows me to the rifle range; whether I shoot it or not....but just in case I want to.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:27 PM

Kilroy what time should I pick you up on the 11th ? You can help me pick a m1 out ,,I'll buy breakfast !
Old 04-20-2011, 08:00 PM

How were the FG's and SG's?
Old 04-20-2011, 08:33 PM

Default North Store Today

Hey what time wre you there?.I was there at around 8:45 till 10:45, Had a good trip also, with two HRA field grades comming home with me.
Mike
Old 04-20-2011, 09:48 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to DBERTO4

KILROY

Great report! It is always a joy to get to one of the stores and talk with the others that are there. I have been to both stores multiple times and always seem to end up in great conversations with other CMPers. What was the selection of HRA SGs like? I am considering a trip the first week of May and I am hoping to add to my collection a decent HRA SG, or maybe a correct, plus some ammo.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:14 AM

The field grades looked good and so did the service grades. The rifle I picked out for the guy I was helping was a field grade that gauged in as a service. Lots of M1D's, M1C's, a few National Matches, Kimbers, air rifles, and a BUNCH of drill rifles. HXP was also available in 192 and 240 round spam cans and some loose too.
--UUU---(iii)---UUU--
Old 04-24-2011, 11:19 PM

What are the drill rifles looking like these days?
Old 04-25-2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hog View Post
Hey what time wre you there?.I was there at around 8:45 till 10:45, Had a good trip also, with two HRA field grades comming home with me.
Mike
My frind and I got there about 8:37 AM, missed the opening due to a detour due to flooding roads. Friend got the Winchester SG with birch stock.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:49 PM

As posted in another thread, I got a Winchester today with LOCK BARS!!!!
--UUU---(iii)---UUU--