Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP Bolt Action Rifles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2019, 02:16 PM

Default 1912 Styer Mauser...

Took possession last night of a 7x57mm 1912 Chilean Mauser... This rifle is in immaculate condition with beautiful lines. Near 100% bluing and an excellent bore with strong rifling and no import marks. Unfortunately it's not all matching (stock doesn't match the rest of the parts) but since I'm a shooter with a love of old wartime guns and not a 'collector' as such, I'm ok with that.

These were made by Steyr in Austria between 1912 and 1914. Some of these did see service during WWI when Austria-Hungary took control of arms shipments to other countries that hadn't yet shipped to arm their troops. There's some debate as to whether they were issued to front line troops or just to rear echelon support troops. Either way I highly doubt this is one of those. No matter what tho, this is a beautiful rifle and I can see it quickly becoming one of my favorites.

Old 02-14-2019, 02:24 PM

Simply beautiful rifle! Likely set up with a long throatfor the long heavy round nosed bullet that made the 7x57mm so very effective in the African game fields. Get yourself some reloading dies, cases, etc. and put together some ammo. Then, ... of to the range! For the record, personally would very much love to have such a rifle! You are most fortunate! Sincerely. bruce.
Old 02-14-2019, 03:21 PM

That is a very nice rifle in an excellent caliber.