Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP Bolt Action Rifles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2019, 04:16 PM

Default Auction Results

Here they are if anyones interested:

https://www.proxibid.com/Maring-Auct...hloc=true#cnTb

The $1500 Garand was a 2/44 with a '51 barrel, Blue Sky import with no collectable parts, a really crappy parkerizing on everything, a crappy repaired cracked orange stock and cracked hand guards. Mw was 1+ but the TE was 5.5!!! A couple older Winchester collectors told me "OH that's a brand new unissued one!" Ha Ha, thats why I don't bid on old Winchesters, I don't know s**t about them.

The varnished one was a nice NM prepared 3/44 with all NM parts except the op rod. Bedding was dark brown, so not a SA build. The whole front of the bolt and side of barrel were mirror polished. I don't know enough about these to know exactly what it was, looked more like a civilian build. I got nervous and snoozed.

The first Carbine was another crappy all reparked Inland Blue Sky with an ugly orange rough generic stock.

But the second was a pretty correct Rockola with a WRA/GHD and Ord wheel stock. Just the black stains left but readable. Again I got nervous as I'm used to under a grand carbines. He started at $1000 and not a peep, then went down to $500 and the room exploded. I figured it would keep going and going so hung back and boom "SOLD for $1100". I didn't even get my bid card up. I was pretty mad at myself but who knows, I could have ended up paying way to much.

I stupidly didn't look up the Carbine serial numbers or I would have known the one was a Rockola and been more prepared.

New to auctions and I'm way to cautious and slow.
"I cannot believe that the purpose of life is to be 'happy'. I think the purpose of life is to be useful, to be responsible, to be honorable, to be compassionate. It is, above all, to matter, to count, to stand for something, to have it make some difference that you lived at all." LEO ROSTEN

Last edited by mycanoe44; 02-17-2019 at 04:19 PM.
Old 02-17-2019, 04:44 PM

I think you did well on the ammo and Ruger. Don't fret over the carbine.
I've never attended an auction like this, and appreciate the advice here in case I ever do.
Old 02-17-2019, 09:00 PM

WARNING! That is NOT 30-06, its 8mm!

Persian manufacture and definitely corrosive. Probably a lot of delayed ignition primers on those too.

The writing on the bottom line of the box says 7.92 which is 8mm by any other name. The large writing in the middle is also a number, but I'm not sure what it represents, probably a lot number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycanoe44 View Post
450 rnds of some foreign 30'06. Any info on these? Corrosive?

Old 02-17-2019, 09:19 PM

Yeah, I figured that out on another thread here. It's 1951 Egyptian, Berdan primed and corrosive 8x57mm Mauser. The post WW2 Egyptian stuff is supposed to be good milsurp if stored properly and this stuff looks brand new.

Thanks for the heads up though. Don't know if it would chamber in a Garand or not but that 8mm bullet would not go down the tube well 😳😳
"I cannot believe that the purpose of life is to be 'happy'. I think the purpose of life is to be useful, to be responsible, to be honorable, to be compassionate. It is, above all, to matter, to count, to stand for something, to have it make some difference that you lived at all." LEO ROSTEN