Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > Leg Matches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2010, 05:38 AM

Daryl, thanks for all of your advice and support.

Thanks, Andy
Old 06-03-2010, 10:37 PM

Well it seems that my decision to shhot the pistol AND rifle phase at CPO has been made for me. I am recovering from a rather scary pnumonia and I am not wishing to get myself worn out doing too much. I was forced to skip the RTB macth at Quantico, and I have promised my advisor that if I feel unwell at CPO to "cool it". I will honor that request in earnest!

Thanks, Andy
Old 07-07-2010, 05:21 PM

Regarding the rapid fire event with the 45. Try and always make the first shot a slider. One that almost cuts the paper in half. When you hear the targets began to turn you have the sights aligned and began the squeeze. As long as it cuts the X ring its good and you have almost 10 seconds for the next 4 shots.

Charlie
Old 07-09-2010, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Regarding the rapid fire event with the 45. Try and always make the first shot a slider. One that almost cuts the paper in half. When you hear the targets began to turn you have the sights aligned and began the squeeze. As long as it cuts the X ring its good and you have almost 10 seconds for the next 4 shots.
While it is important to get the first shot off as quickly as possible, remember that sliders are scored so that the shot is only scored one ring higher than where the shot hole begins. So, for example, if the shot hole starts in the 8 ring and slides all the way to the X ring, it is still only a 9, not an X.
Here's the appropriate section from the NRA Conventional Pistol Rule Book:

In case of skid shots, the higher value is awarded if the leaded edge of the bullet hole touches the scoringring of higher value, except the value of a skid shot may not be more than one ring higher than the original point of bullet contact with the target. The target shall be defined as the entire card or paper on which the scoring rings are printed but shall not include the backing. When the original point of bullet contact is on the target card, but outside the scoring rings, and the leaded edge of the bullet touches a scoring ring, it will be given the value of the lowest scoring ring.

Last edited by CDRT; 07-09-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:12 AM

CDRT

Thanks for the update. When I shot competetively years ago that was not the case I dont believe. I think it was the highest ring. If it started outside the target it was scored a miss yes, but if it entered say a 7 or 8 and crossed the X it was scored an X.
But things change and I apoligize for the bad information. Wonder what the date was on that rulebook? I shot in the 60's and 70's.

Charlie