Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > National Matches - Camp Perry
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2010, 08:41 PM

Default 1917 Shooters may draw ammo for vintage match

According to page 14, of the 2010 shooters handbook I got at in-processing
Old 08-03-2010, 06:29 AM

This is what the National Trophy Rifle Matches Program reads

NATIONAL VINTAGE MILITARY RIFLE MATCH

GENERAL INFORMATION. The National Vintage Military Rifle Match is a CMP Games event where competitors must fire “as-issued” U. S. Krag or M1917 rifles or manually operated foreign military rifles. The Vintage Military Rifle Match encourages recreation-oriented target shooters to use these fascinating military rifles in target shooting events that strive to preserve military marksmanship traditions. Competitors can fire in both the Springfield and Vintage Military Rifle Matches on the same day or they can fire one event on 6 August and one event on the afternoon of 7 August.
DATE—TIME. The Springfield and Vintage Military Rifle Matches are fired concurrently on Friday, 6 August or on Saturday, 7 August. Firing begins at 7:00 AM on 6 August. Firing on 7 August will begin at approximately 12:00 PM.
COURSE OF FIRE. The 200-yard As-Issued Military Rifle Course A (Table 7) is used for the Vintage Military Rifle Match. Shooters begin with five sighting shots and ten shots for record in prone in a 15-minute time period. This is followed by 10 shots rapid-fire prone in 80 seconds. The final ten record shots are fired in the standing position with a 10-minute time limit. Justin Utley, 2009 Vintage Military Rifle Match winner.SQUADDING. The Springfield and Vintage Military Rifle Matches will be fired simultaneously on Viale Range on Friday, 6 August, or on Rodriguez Range on Saturday, 7 August. Eight total relays with a maximum of 140 competitors each will be squadded on Friday, with four relays firing in the morning and four relays in the afternoon. The CMP will make every possible effort to squad Infantry Trophy Teams that have team members who also wish to fire the Springfield Rifle Match in the morning NTIT relays, but it probably will not be possible to accommodate all of these shooters on Friday relays. Four total relays with a maximum of 90 competitors each will be squadded to fire on Rodriguez Range on Saturday, 7 August. Specific relay and firing point assignments will be issued on the Viale Range firing line starting at 6:00 AM for Relays 1-4 and starting at 10:00 AM for Relays 5-8. Squadding for Saturday PM relays will be issued at the firing line on Rodriguez Range beginning at 10:00 AM for relays 9-12. Combined range capacity for the Springfield and Vintage Military Rifle Matches is 1,440 entries. A maximum of 1,120 Springfield and Vintage Military Rifle competitors will be squadded on Viale Range on Friday, 6 August. Competitors may request either Viale Friday AM, Viale Friday PM or Rodriguez Saturday PM squadding at the time they enter. Competitors can enter both the Springfield and Vintage Military Rifle Matches. If they enter both matches, they must fire each match in a different squadding group. Competitors who wish to be squadded with family members, friends or club members must be sure they request the same squadding group (AM/PM) and date when they enter on-line. They must also report together when picking up relay and firing point assignments on the range. All Springfield Rifle Match competitors will be required to score and pull targets.

RIFLES. Rifles used in the Vintage Military Rifle Match must be “as-issued” U. S. Krag or M1917 rifles that comply with CMP Rule 6.3.4 or manually operated foreign military rifles that comply with CMP Rule 6.3.6. During the match a minimum of five rifles per relay (Springfield or Vintage Military Rifle) will be selected through a random draw to be inspected and have triggers weighed. Competitors who fire scores of 282 or higher will also need to have their rifles inspected. Prior to the competition day, competitors may bring their rifles to the CMP Armorer Van at the rear of Young Range to have triggers checked and be inspected for compliance with CMP rules. AMMUNITION. Competitors in this match must bring their own ammunition that complies with Rule 6.8.1. Handloads may be fired.

Well we will find out soon enough i have my ammo packed in my kit just in case.
M-1 For Vets Match Director
Old 08-03-2010, 10:57 AM

Yeah Iam
still bringing a couple boxes just in case
Old 08-03-2010, 07:56 PM

As Ronintank said...No issue ammo in vintage. Thats why it's ten bucks cheaper. Not fair if u are shooting a 6.5 or 7.5 to have the 1917 guys get 40 more rounds of Hornady

Northland Sportsmen's Club, 2018 President
CMP Match Chairman
NRA Highpower Rifle Chairman
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Chief Range Officer
Old 08-03-2010, 09:37 PM

I know what he said but I am sitting here looking at the 2010 National matches Handbook
picked up at Perry on Friday , that says the latest info and schedule on the cover.page 14
Ammunition issue:
Competitors in the vintage rifle match firing any rifle other than 30-06 must bring there own ammunition.Competitors firing M1917 rifles may fire there own ammo or take there rifle to the CMP tent and draw 30-06 ammo that must be fired in the match, At this point it is in print and they must honor it
Old 08-03-2010, 09:39 PM

And Iam gonna enjoy all 40 rounds!
Old 08-05-2010, 06:04 PM

I stand corrected. I'm here right now and it appears as if the 1917's are going to be able to draw ammo Friday. Interesting...Guess I will be taking and using my 40 rounds as well.

CMP Match Chairman
Chief Range Officer
Old 08-09-2010, 04:52 AM

Was talking to the "Guy at the Ammo draw table" at the matches. He said "next year match price goes back up to $45 and everyone gets the Hornady no matter what you are shooting....A fair resolution.

CMP Match Chairman
Chief Range Officer
Old 08-09-2010, 08:08 AM

Sure--if they could just keep it straight for once. Good Shooting.....
Old 08-12-2010, 09:08 AM

shot my 1917 in the vintage and drew the hornady ammo. had to take the rifle to show them. 3 of us used my rifle and all 3 used the hornady ammo. great shooting ammo. dave