Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2009, 02:19 PM

Well, I recieved her twin sister on Friday. ( RG Std. Products) Couldn't believe I got another birch FAT piece of wood. Non matching walnut M-U handgaurd to go with it. The metal seems to be OK in general, but not a single ST Products part in it. This was my second try at getting an Austrian. The Underwood I got a few months ago was Italian also.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:45 PM

Seems like alot of people are getting Italian returns (FAT stamps), I have heard some people say that CMP is at the bottom of the pile and these are what's left.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:15 PM

hink, I think you are right. In the old forum I read in Ask Orest that the supply of carbines would run out in 2010. That is the reason I've gone to ordering the rack grades. I'm still short the Saginaw (on order IF I make the cut, just ordered this month), a Saginaw S' G' and Rock-Ola. You can forget the IP's, wwwaaay out of my league. ($)
I've got my fingers crossed and order forms made out (- the model #'s) that the Greeks AF used Carbines along with the Garands.
We'll see.
J.R.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:51 PM

urs is just as mine described. at least has a winnie barrel which i can recrown. but it did round out my collection-now i have all but ip which i will never afford....
Old 10-25-2009, 09:57 PM

Lokks just like my recent SP RG..but I will not complain. At least it has a winnie barrel. My last 2 IBMs-racker MG 1 and other Austrian. God Bless CMP-just change the furniture.
Now its time for the MIC,Ds-come on CMP gods
Old 10-26-2009, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.2009 View Post
Holy cow, don't tell me that mess came from CMP !!! Besides the once ugly stock the inards had more oil than I had ever seen on a CMP gun. YOurs beats everything !!
J.R.
When I first opened the box, my heart dropped after the long wait and all the posts about how great others' had been. It had a lower serial number than some that were spring tube types and I was hoping it too would be but alas it was not. It had a cracked stock and they sent me a replacement that was a very nice type three cartouched NPM/FJA postal meter which was my best score up to that time till I recently received my Quality in a type one cartouched NPM/FJA that is now on my postal meter carbine. The only Winchester parts it had were the bbl and receiver. I had enough winchester parts from other guns to correct that.