Go Back   CMP Forums > Regional Matches and Events > Great Lakes > Minnesota
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2012, 07:18 AM

Default M1 for Vets CMP Military Rifle & Vintage Sniper Team Matches, Harris Mn - July 14

M1 FOR VETS
CMP Military Rifle & Vintage Sniper Team Matches

DATE:
July 14, Stat office will be open at 8:00 am, report to the Red Shed near the 1000 yardline. Pits seal at 9:30 am, Rounds down range at 9:45am for match #1, Approximately 12:00pm for Match #2 and Approximately 2:45pm for the Vintage Sniper Team Match.

G.R.R.C. Recreation Area, 5180 450th St. Harris, MN 55032
Take I-35 north from twin cities to the Co. Road 10 interchange at Harris, MN (exit 152, 4 miles north of North Branch, 16 miles so. of Pine City). Go west on 10 about mile. Turn north on Co. 61 (Falcon Ave.), go north 1.2 miles, turn left at the “T”, the gate is about 100 yards west, on the right side. (North).

ELIGIBILITY:
Competition open to any eligible competitor you need not be a member of the NRA, CMP or the GRRC. All competitors must have a notarized “Eligibility Affidavit and Liability Agreement” on file with GRRC or present at registration. Must be 18 years of age or older and a citizen of the United States. Persons under the age of 18 must have an adult on the range at all times.

RULES:
Current CMP rules will govern throughout. To download a current copy of the rules: http://www.odcmp.com/Competitions/Rulebook.htm

TARGETS:
Military Matches: 200yd (SR) Highpower Target
Sniper Match: 300yd (SR3) & 600yd (MR1) Highpower Targets

PIT SERVICE:
All Competitors will score and pull targets.

MATCH SCHEDULE:
Both Military Match 1 & 2 will follow Course A @ 200yds.

Military Match #1 (9:30am):
  • Prone Slow Fire 5 sighters, 10 record shots in a time limit of 15 minutes.
  • Standing to prone Rapid Fire, 10 shots in a time limit of 80 seconds.
  • Standing Slow Fire, 10 shots, single loaded in a time limit of 10 minutes.
Military Match #2 (15 minutes after of completion of Match #1, Approx. 12:00):
  • Prone Slow Fire 5 sighters, 10 record shots in a time limit of 15 minutes.
  • Standing to prone Rapid Fire, 10 shots in a time limit of 80 seconds.
  • Standing Slow Fire, 10 shots, single loaded in a time limit of 10 minutes.
Vintage Sniper Team Match (15 minutes after of completion of Match #2, Approx. 2:45):
Teams consist of two people. Don’t worry if you don’t have a partner as most teams are formed just prior to the start of the match.

300 Yards:
  • 5 Minute unlimited sighters per team
  • 10 shots for record for each team member
600 Yards:
  • 5 Minute unlimited sighters per team
  • 10 shots for record for each team member
AWARDS:
CMP Achievement Pins will be awarded as per cut scores listed in the rules.

ENTRY FEE:
$15 per match/per team member. Club M1’s available for but must use club ammo at $0.50/round. ALL ENTRY FEES WILL GO DIRECTLY TO THE M1 FOR VETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CMP AFFIDAVIT AND LIABILITY AGREEMENT INFORMATION:
All competitors must bring a signed CMP affidavit (or have one previously on file with GRRC) in order to participate. http://www.odcmp.com/Competitions/Forms/Affidavit.pdf

FREE BBQ FOR ALL!!!!!!!!

Questions to: tjtorborg@aol.com

Last edited by tjtorborg; 07-03-2012 at 08:37 AM.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:25 PM

UPDATE:
The start times of the matches are being pushed back 30 minutes do to the Local VFW/American Legion performing a Flag Rasing ceremony. Here is what we have lined up so far:
9:00am - Signal cannon sounds (Yes we will be firing a black powder cannon!)
Color Guard from the local VFW and American Legion perform a flag rasing ceremony.
The National Anthem will be played over a portable sound system. Or we may have it sung by two members from VFW/American Legion that sing professionally.
There will also be a display of M1's put on by a club member.
We are also trying to line up enough volunteers to pull targets and score. So really all a person would have to do is show up and shoot! Be prepared however to pull targets and score in case we don’t have enough volunteers to go around.
FREE BBQ Lunch will be provided
Hope to see you there!

Last edited by tjtorborg; 07-02-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:27 PM

Sounds like she's gonna be a fun one!!!! Hopefully the friggen rain stays away this time. I'd like to actually shoot my M1 in this one but she's still having some issues cycling reliably. I'll bring it with this time and one of the experts can go through it, possibly even with a few rounds DR and see what my problem is.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
Sounds like she's gonna be a fun one!!!! Hopefully the friggen rain stays away this time. I'd like to actually shoot my M1 in this one but she's still having some issues cycling reliably. I'll bring it with this time and one of the experts can go through it, possibly even with a few rounds DR and see what my problem is.
Sure we should be able to figure it out. Couple things to check before hand is to grease the snot out of the op rod spring. If it makes any noise when you open the bolt it needs more grease!

Another thing to check is that the gas port of the rifle is in line with the hole in the gas cyclinder. Take the gas cyclinder plug and lock off and you should be able to see the port in the window of the gas cyclinder. I know one person who shall remain nameless didn't have this lined up and I had to operate his oprod for him. This was during the Nationals by the way.

Anyway bring it along and we'll get it running.

See you there!

Tom
Old 07-13-2012, 06:37 PM

Polaris,
I will have a big can of Lubriplate grease with me. Take all you need. See you tomorrow.

Derek
Old 07-16-2012, 10:33 AM

Just a bump for this thread and to let everyone know we had a great time at the matches on Saturday. Unfortunately, I could not be there in time to catch the M1 for Vets match, but it appears that the turnout was good and that everyone had a great time.

Thanks again to Tom and all the members of GRRC for hosting and operating all the CMP shoots and a very special thanks to the guys who spent Saturday in the pits for us. The service was great and, knowing how hot it was on the line, I'm sure it was probably even worse down there. I greatly appreciate it.

We're looking forward to seeing all of our newly made friends next year and will hopefully see even more new faces then, as well.

Thanks again,

John (and Bill)
Old 07-16-2012, 08:36 PM

Great Job G.R.R.C. very well run event and the food was awesome! I will be back!

This was the first time I have shot my (or any) Garand other than sighting it in the day before and I had a great time! Shot a great score on the first match but I made a real "M1 rookie" mistake in the 2nd match rapid prone and didn't have my 8 round clip loaded correctly - one round wasn't seated. Now I know better!

Dave
Old 07-16-2012, 10:24 PM

Hearty thanks to the GRRC crew and the cook. Was a great time. I shot well, would have posted better scores but for an exploding 6,5mm bullet and a reloading fumble in my trusty K-31 (my fault). I definately need a different job that gives me more time to practice offhand. Was nice finally getting to shoot the sniper course.

Felt much more handicapped by my inexperience reading the goofy wind at GRRC than by the 3.5x scope and gritty trigger on my SVM. I think the rifle and scope are up to the task, I was easliy able to put the aiming point precisely where I wanted and use the front sight hood shadow to keep parallax consistent. I shot a nice eliptical group from 600 spanning the 7 ring from 9 to 3 oclock! My 300yd score improved significantly from last time. Now If I can figure out the Kentucky, those'll be 10's.