Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > National Matches - Camp Perry
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2013, 11:55 AM

So 5am or so for squadding?
Old 07-23-2013, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnmccoy View Post
So 5am or so for squadding?
Not that early. Sunrise is at about 645. For the regular matches, you're squadded at registration. I don't recall how they run the Games matches now, since they don't issue ammunition.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missilegeek View Post
Not that early. Sunrise is at about 645. For the regular matches, you're squadded at registration. I don't recall how they run the Games matches now, since they don't issue ammunition.
For last year's AM JCG, I believe report time was 0600. At registration we were only assigned a range, and there was a squadding tent behind the 200 yd ready line. Squadding was by chit, I believe passed out from low to high. After the match, they passed out T-shirts and medals at the tent.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLB View Post
For last year's AM JCG, I believe report time was 0600. At registration we were only assigned a range, and there was a squadding tent behind the 200 yd ready line. Squadding was by chit, I believe passed out from low to high. After the match, they passed out T-shirts and medals at the tent.
Good to know. Thanks. Interesting that they don't squad at registration. That would seem to speed things up a bit.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:12 PM

Good Grief!! First: Take your advice from someone who shoots the CMP Games Matches. The in processing center is open at 5:00AM for registration. You do not need to register the day before. There are 4 relays in the morning and 4 in the afternoon for the games matches. Two on the line (shooting and scoring) and two in the pits. If shooting relays 5-8, you won't shoot until 1-4 are done--about noon. You need 35 rounds but 10 extra is good insurance....... Good Shooting.....

Last edited by ceresco; 07-23-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:02 PM

Ceresco is correct.

About the ammo, bring more than you need. If a watercraft is about to stray into the defined impact area, they shut everything down. Last year I was in the pits and they did so in the Rapid Prone course of fire. My shooter had four hits in the target at the time. We were instructed to restart the RP course of fire, so his four shots didn't count. If he didn't have spare ammo, well, good luck.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3StrikesNC View Post
Ceresco is correct.

About the ammo, bring more than you need. If a watercraft is about to stray into the defined impact area, they shut everything down. Last year I was in the pits and they did so in the Rapid Prone course of fire. My shooter had four hits in the target at the time. We were instructed to restart the RP course of fire, so his four shots didn't count. If he didn't have spare ammo, well, good luck.
i was in the pit for that... good times
Old 07-23-2013, 07:24 PM

Finch- the good thing about it was I had already fired in my relay, with a 6.5 x 55. Had I been on that relay, I would have been screwed, as I only brought 35 rounds per rifle per match. Never thought/knew about a freakin' boat. Would have screwed my day and kicked myself in the butt for the rest of the week.

I now bring plenty of extras, and will continue to do so.

BTW, I'll have a 7.5 x 55 K31 instead of the M96 Swede this time. Prone in the parking lot at Butner with your K31 was just too much for me to bear. So will my buddy, who was one of the other guys there when you let us take a look at yours. We recently bought three of them, we're shooting the best two. Thanks for helping us out.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3StrikesNC View Post
Finch- the good thing about it was I had already fired in my relay, with a 6.5 x 55. Had I been on that relay, I would have been screwed, as I only brought 35 rounds per rifle per match. Never thought/knew about a freakin' boat. Would have screwed my day and kicked myself in the butt for the rest of the week.

I now bring plenty of extras, and will continue to do so.

BTW, I'll have a 7.5 x 55 K31 instead of the M96 Swede this time. Prone in the parking lot at Butner with your K31 was just too much for me to bear. So will my buddy, who was one of the other guys there when you let us take a look at yours. We recently bought three of them, we're shooting the best two. Thanks for helping us out.

me too! it was my first time there i had no idea they would re-do a string. this year i will bring extra.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:44 AM

Bowhunt--if you are shooting relays 5-8, I suggest you be at processing by 8:00 AM to get your package and be on your specified range no later than 11:00. Others who have a better memory, feel free to comment. Processing can be slow, but most shooters will have been through it by Saturday. Parking gets difficult by late morning. Go early if you can--there is plenty to do on commercial row--bring $$$. BTW--there is lots of schedule information on the CMP web site under "National Matches". Good Shooting.......