Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP Bolt Action Rifles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2014, 12:45 AM
Banned

mjolnir, that is a beautiful rifle. The handy thing about the swiss buttplate is you can conveniently bend the tip down a little to fit up where you have to sand the "beaver chewed" butt of the stock. I tip my hat to your shooting. I have the same mount and haven't tried it but once and my group wasn't all that great , but I am sure I can tighten it up. The scope being offset to the right isn't all that difficult to use.

Same rifle.

Last edited by jerryjeff; 01-03-2014 at 12:49 AM.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryjeff View Post
mjolnir, that is a beautiful rifle. The handy thing about the swiss buttplate is you can conveniently bend the tip down a little to fit up where you have to sand the "beaver chewed" butt of the stock. I tip my hat to your shooting. I have the same mount and haven't tried it but once and my group wasn't all that great , but I am sure I can tighten it up. The scope being offset to the right isn't all that difficult to use.
Your rifle came out terrific as well! It's really amazing how nice the stocks on the rifles can look with a little TLC. I know it destroys the originality of the rifle, but they just looked so poor with the "beaver" chewing them up so badly! Besides, I will be in the ground a long time before the collector value of these rifles appreciate to high dollar collectible and.. there are just too many other folks out there who are leaving them untouched so they won't be that rare.

K31 rifles are a real bargain when you consider the workmanship, design, quality of materials, etc. that go into these rifles. Thank you for the complement… I was really amazed when I went down to check my target. I've seen under 1 MOA shooting out to 300 yards with this rifle as well. I was thinking about getting a ZFK55, but don't see how it can shoot any better than the K31

Last edited by mjolnir; 01-03-2014 at 01:56 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:11 PM
Banned

I saw a ZFK55 for sale a year ago and considered it for a moment. A lot of money. By the way, do you know anything about the Sodern sights on the Swedes? I have one that is loose and don't know where to start.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryjeff View Post
I saw a ZFK55 for sale a year ago and considered it for a moment. A lot of money. By the way, do you know anything about the Sodern sights on the Swedes? I have one that is loose and don't know where to start.
Yup… they are expensive and not sure it will shoot any better. Sorry, but no clue about he Sodern sights. Was thinking about getting a Swede Mauser at some point...