Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > National Matches - Camp Perry
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2014, 10:33 AM

Default 2 Competitions same day

I am shooting the Garand in the AM and the Springfield in the PM both on Rod.. Is there enough time between the two to go back to my car get a different gun and maybe something to eat? Or do I take everything for the whole day with me in the AM? Thanks.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:55 AM

Mike,

Don't count on enough time to move back and forth. I've shot two matches in one day a couple times, not any more though. I'd suggest taking everything with you on line. Pack a small cooler with a lunch, some fruit and Gatorade. There will be water on line for you but do plan on a long dat!

rifle guy @ LSC
Old 07-12-2014, 12:59 PM

Thanks John. Since I will be down there through Monday maybe we can meet up for a beer.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:01 PM

No time to leave the range. I have done this several times. Take every thing for both matches with you. Plan your squading. I prefer to Shoot/Pit/Pit and Shoot. Make sure to pick up your afternoon squading when you get your morning assignment. Saves me a few steps and I am out of the pits 200 yards closer to my car at the end of the day.
Old 07-12-2014, 02:17 PM

I advise wearing foamy earplugs with your electronic muff if you have them.
I shot two back to back last year, and my Howard Leight electronic muffs weren't up to the job alone. Remember that you are scoring 75 rounds too.
The bad thing about hearing protection is that you don't know you are not adequately protected until it is too late. My hearing recovered, but I was worried about it for some time after Perry.
Distinguished Rifleman #2198
NRA HP XTC High Master (service rifle)
NRA Patron Life member
PCGC Junior Team coach
CMP GSM Master Inst.
Old 07-12-2014, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang82 View Post
No time to leave the range. I have done this several times. Take every thing for both matches with you. Plan your squading. I prefer to Shoot/Pit/Pit and Shoot. Make sure to pick up your afternoon squading when you get your morning assignment. Saves me a few steps and I am out of the pits 200 yards closer to my car at the end of the day.
I agree with Mustang82 Shoot Pit Pit Shoot.. it's like the green mile having to back to the pits if you shoot pit shoot pit
Old 07-12-2014, 06:13 PM

Oh boy this should be fun. I am shoot JCG on Viale AM and vintage bolt on Rod PM... Think I will see if I can swap the Garand to Rod AM at in processing Tuesday.
Distinguished Rifleman #2297
CMP GSM Master Instructor
NRA Certified RSO
CMP HP Rifle RO
Old 07-12-2014, 06:59 PM

Mike,

I'll be in the huts all week, somewere around 1520. Look me up, I will have a cold beer available!

rifle guy @ LSC, aka John
Old 07-14-2014, 06:50 AM

Default two in a day

Be sure to have some poptop Chef Boyardee speciality and canned peaches for lunch between shoots. When you do AM and PM, got no time to hit the mess hall. Most of all have fun and be sure to look John up for that beer when your done for the day.

Just Another Old Doggy, Don
Old 07-14-2014, 07:43 AM

Guys, really? The Op said he has both scheduled on Rod. I believe he'll have plenty of time to go back to the lot and get his Springfield. First it's not that far, like Viale. Second, the CMP will likely delay the PM Rod match a bit so the Viale AM Competitors can that are scheduled for PM on Rod have time to hump it on over. That alone will add available time. The CMP did that last year. Viale is unlikely to finish their AM Match prior to Rod, so the even more time will be available.

That said, I scheduled both Saturday Matches on Rod and I'll take both rifles- and a nap in between.

Quote:
I advise wearing foamy earplugs with your electronic muff if you have them.
I shot two back to back last year, and my Howard Leight electronic muffs weren't up to the job alone. Remember that you are scoring 75 rounds too.
The bad thing about hearing protection is that you don't know you are not adequately protected until it is too late. My hearing recovered, but I was worried about it for some time after Perry.
Greg; Wise comment, I do the same but apparently now have some permanent tinnitus. Since your post appears to be out of the context of this thread, I can only assume you take better care of your hearing than your eyes .... lol (only in fun, don't get ********ed. Shot with you at Creedmoor Team, I do respect you).