Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP Bolt Action Rifles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2015, 05:29 PM

Default K31 Opinions

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=530184446

I've never owned or shot a K31, but the one listed is headed my way. The ad said it is not import marked, which I hope is true. Any of you guys have any words of wisdom for a new K31 owner? I'm curious to see how it will stack up with my 03A3, Swede and Mosin.
Old 12-30-2015, 05:34 PM

Just stupid accurate. The GP11 ammo is quite good. Should hold its own easily against the 03A3 and Swede. I don't have a Mosin but suspect it will outshoot it. A very pleasant rifle to shoot as well. Looks like a very nice piece, stock looks to be in better shape than most. If you need a correct sling PM me as I have a spare I believe.

Last edited by ernie; 12-30-2015 at 05:37 PM.
Old 12-30-2015, 05:42 PM

I'm thinking it's import marked. But if it's done by Simpson then it will be hardly noticeable. These rifles are excellent shooters with fantastic triggers. The Swiss never used corrosive ammo so the bore should be mirror bright. When you get it, check under the butt plate to see if the last soldiers info is there. To adjust windage on these rifles you drift the front sight forward or rearward. I've got three K31's and one K11 and I enjoy shooting them all. Good luck with your new toy
Old 12-30-2015, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie View Post
Just stupid accurate. The GP11 ammo is quite good. Should hold its own easily against the 03A3 and Swede. I don't have a Mosin but suspect it will outshoot it. A very pleasant rifle to shoot as well. Looks like a very nice piece, stock looks to be in better shape than most. If you need a correct sling PM me as I have a spare I believe.
Ernie. PM sent
Old 12-30-2015, 07:01 PM

I put a St Marie clamp on scope mount on mine. It's a tack driver. The bore is mirror bright and the soldier tag is under the butt plate. It's probably the ugliest rifle I own. But even with iron sights it is very accurate. Quality piece through and through.
Old 12-30-2015, 07:08 PM

Good purchase, keep an eye on the action screws because they will back out if you shoot it a lot. The tang screw has the most to do with accuracy with a K31.
Stock looks great, go to www.swissrifles.com and read if you haven't yet. GP11 is getting hard to find but worth the money.
If you want to shoot competitions get this http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/463110.htm sling band from Numrich

Don't get excited and shoot your muzzle cover off.

Most K31's shoot a little to the left, the armorers mark on the front sight is a reference stake. my rifles are drifted back half of the mark, I can take a picture if needed.
Old 12-30-2015, 07:42 PM

K31Schmidt. If you've got photos of anything you think will be helpful, please provide. Any special tool needed to adjust the front site?

BigEd. What scope are you using with the St Marie clip on?

Funny thing...I was in a small pizza restaurant in Havanna, FL two days ago, and of all things to have in a pizza restaurant, the owner had a small display case with a few slings for sale, cleaning kits, etc., and in the same case were two boxes of GP11. They came home with me for $12...a pizza restaurant...go figure!
Old 12-30-2015, 07:46 PM

Stock appears to have the standard crack just behind the action on the top/right. Not a major issue, mine was advertised and sold to me by CAI that way.
As others have said, crazy accurate with factory ammo, and the craftsmanship is impressive.
Here's my crack as it came:
[IMG]DSC_3796 by John Hassard, on Flickr[/IMG]

As you see, your stock looks pretty good.
I haven't priced them lately, but that seems reasonable (nearly $400 when I posted), mine remains not for sale!

JH
Old 12-30-2015, 07:50 PM

I use this tool to adjust my sights:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Sight-...8CPFZzi2Id9bSA
Old 12-30-2015, 07:57 PM

Default K31 Opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnmccoy View Post
I looooove my k31. I've been shooting the privi partisan with good results

Ditto the PPU...it had been just as accurate as GP11 in my test (iron sites at 100 and 200 yds). Of course hand loading will get you insane accuracy. Mine love IMR4350 and 308 Hornady 168gr BTHP. R17 is also a good powder and rumored to be the powder in GP11.

Last edited by Stewbaby; 12-30-2015 at 07:59 PM.