Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP Bolt Action Rifles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2017, 12:05 PM

Default 03A3 Info

John...........very educational write-up of your undertakings as a VOLUNTEER armorer with CMP. You are providing a vital service to all buyers (ie: allowing CMP to offer 03A3's to customers sooner).

My early NOV shoot at the range did not allow me to see ANY 03A3's at the store but your 'write up' is tempting me to drive the 750 miles AGAIN to try for one. I DO have one bought locally but.......having a CMP 03A3 sure would be a bonus.

Thanks for your services.....
Old 01-14-2017, 12:08 PM

Great story and detail of "a day in your life" John....Thank you for your years of service to the CMP, these wonderful old rifles, and ultimately to each of us who are fortunate enough to become the end user/caretaker of one of these legendary weapons.

Each of these service rifles carries (most often silently) it's own unique history and story of its 50-100 year plus life and, at least for me, any chance we have to add a "nugget" of knowledge about that lifeline is truly a gift.....and you often provide a piece of that story.

It appears to me that your years of service and experience place you as the perfect combination of archaeologist and curator of fine artifacts! (I know, big words....had to look one of them up to spell)

Thanks again for all you do to help and support our community.....I know it's a labor of love for you after all these years.

Godspeed and God Bless you - Keep up the great work!

H

Last edited by Patriot76; 01-14-2017 at 12:10 PM.
Old 01-14-2017, 12:31 PM

John . . . .
As far as you know, has the practice at CMP ceased whereby the striker point of the "low number" rifles is routinely broken off to ensure these rifles can't be fired?
Old 01-14-2017, 12:41 PM

Thank you for the great log of your day and the hard work you do to the 1903 and a3 rifles

33+ transactions, 100% Positive Itrader rating,
My feedback
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....ght=apprentice
Old 01-14-2017, 12:42 PM

Hope the CMP sees fit to pay you one day.
Old 01-14-2017, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimF View Post
John . . . .
As far as you know, has the practice at CMP ceased whereby the striker point of the "low number" rifles is routinely broken off to ensure these rifles can't be fired?
The last time low number rifles were processed, which was about five years ago, that practice had been abolished.

J.B.
Old 01-14-2017, 03:59 PM

Thanks for the insight into what goes on. I also thank you for the assistance you have provided.

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....35#post1190035
Old 01-14-2017, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Beard View Post
By mid-afternoon, I had finished filling a 90-rifle pallet of Remington Mí03-A3ís.
Now we know there are at least 90 more RA A3s to sell, not to mention at least some SCs!

Excellent words John, thanks for your efforts and sharing of your extensive experience.
Old 01-14-2017, 04:18 PM

Just found this post. Thank you Mr. Beard for all you have done and continue to do for CMP and for those of us who share in supporting it. Sincerely. bruce.
Old 01-14-2017, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkingtrax View Post
Hope the CMP sees fit to pay you one day.
My comment about receiving no remuneration was not a complaint. Access to seemingly endless numbers of rifles and the privilege of harvesting data from them is sufficient remuneration. I can see and handle more rifles in one day than at a dozen gun shows. And I can take one apart and harvest data from the internal parts at any time I wish. Try doing that with a rifle lying on a seller's table at a gun show! And they're still in government inventory with less susceptibility to fakery and alteration.

How many of us as children have wished that we could work in Santa's Toy Shop alongside the elves? I have that privilege every month! And finally, being among the good guys and gals at the CMP is like being among family.

J.B.