Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Parts For Sale or Trade > Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2019, 03:35 PM

Default FS: WW1 Colt 1911 shooter grade

PHOTO LINK (33 PICS): https://imgur.com/a/OBk8Gon

For sale is a Colt 1911 ser# 266561. It was shipped April 10,1918 in a shipment of 4,400 pistols to the Commanding Officer at Springfield Armory. It has the circled JMG monogram inspector stamp of John M. Gilbert, Lt. Colonel. He was the 1911 inspector from ser.#230,000-302,000. The pistol has been rearsenaled (not all rebuilt pistols had rebuild markings added). It was reblued after that at some point in it’s life, and was fitted with a Colt National Match barrel and bushing. No idea if Militarily done or not. The barrel is in very good shape and is proof P inspected. The slide is from a WW2 pistol that was shipped between Oct. 2 and October 23, 1942 to Springfield Armory. The firing pin retainer is original to the slide as there is “ghosting” of the serial number on it. Both frame and slide have all the proper markings intact and readable. One shooter magazine of unknown make is included. This should quench the thirst of someone who didn’t make the CMP cut. Should make a great shooter. The price I am asking is less than the value of the parts. Grips are repro Hogue grips.

$1,000.00 plus actual shipping. I do NOT charge over my cost to ship! The first "I'll take it" posted here and followed up with an IMMEDIATE email to me at dogfacesupply@gmail.com gets it. That email must have your information, the way you want to pay, and a zip code of your C&R or shop it is going to. ANY HANDGUN GOING TO A C&R MUST BE SHIPPED OVERNIGHT VIA UPS (I DON’T USE FED EX). I only ship at UPS on Mondays. I take USPS money orders, discreet Paypal gift, or credit cards plus 3.5% of the total. I am an 01 FFL. Cross posted. Time stamp rules. I WILL sell to California. I am all set up to do so. Please email me at dogfacesupply@gmail.com to learn the actual California C&R FFL laws.

Last edited by shawn hoague; 02-21-2019 at 03:41 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 03:43 PM

I will take this.

Edit:. Email sent.

Last edited by steelap; 02-21-2019 at 03:55 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 03:58 PM

Sold to steelap pending funds