Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP Bolt Action Rifles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2011, 08:40 AM

Default SOG has Nazi K98 Rifles AGAIN! $289

Yesterday SOG sent out another E-mail saying they have a group of the non-Russian capture K98 Nazi marked rifles for sale. I called them and they said they have around 300. This is about the same amount as they had in the first batch that sold out in three days. However, they were listed on the website yesterday but are now showing sold out. But, don't worry because I called again today and placed an order over the phone so they are apparently not out of stock. So, for those of you that missed the first round, here is your chance. Even with some of the bad apples, these (IMHO) are worth $289 given all of the Nazi markings in tact. We are now on day two, so you better expect them to be sold out by the end of tomorrow if you are considering getting one.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:10 AM

Thanks for the post. I'm in for two; called them on the phone... Still in stock as of now.

BTW, credit card price is 3% higher than cash price, FWIW.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:35 AM

You are welcome BobN54. I don't know what my fascination is with these K98 rifles but they sure make a great piece of history displayed next to an M1. I doubt we will ever see these for less than $300 ever again.

Last edited by drwitte; 07-26-2011 at 11:49 AM.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:43 AM

I wish I had a C&R...
Old 07-26-2011, 11:51 AM

Where do you live MiDodgeguy? I'd be glad to purchase a K98 for you if you were in my state. Maybe somebody else out there in the same state can get one for you.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:33 PM

Just called Tuesday 1030 MST, still available with hand-picked option ($10). We'll see what we get, but I agree, soon this will be "the good old days" when you could get a K98 for $300.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:42 PM

I hope you don't get the one I returned, unless you just don't plan on shooting it. Still waiting for the return credit, but I'm sure that will come in due time.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:03 PM

I wouldn't be returning anything at this point, even with a bad barrel. I've been in the WWII Nazi German collecting world for a while now and any K98 Nazi marked rifle with clear markings will get a pretty penny from a collector who will never even shoot the rifle. Most Nazi German collectors do not have C&R 03 licenses and thus never have the opportunity to find these for cheap prices. Therefore, they typically sell for gun show prices to these collectors which means $400-$500. Thus, a shooter is a bonus to me but a clear Nazi marked rifle is simply an amazing piece of history from a very sad and scary time in history. This is why I say grab them while you can for $300 because this truly is "the good old days" right now. These IMHO will be priceless for our kids generation to have after all of the WWII vets have died.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:27 PM

How are these import marked and are these totally horrible or are they shootable? Lady on the phone there told me "Good" condition and I know what NRA "Good" means.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:33 PM

They are import marked on the end of the barrel and on the three that I've already received, they are barely readable anymore. These are definitely shootable rifles. The wood has been better than described, finish is mostly gone, some have strong rifling (others have none with pitting). They are probably not in NRA good condition but they are shootable and functioning rifles.