Go Back   CMP Forums > Regional Matches and Events > Great Lakes > Minnesota
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2012, 08:21 AM

Default Riflemen of Minnesota

I shot my 2nd and 3rd matches ever at the GRRC in harris MN last week and i can tell you. If you like to shoot you need try try these vintage military matches. Its easy to get into as well. Ive seen guys out there with 89doller mosin nagants to 1000doller 1903s. The people there are willing to help you in any way they can. From tips to make you a better rifleman to borrowing a rifle (in some cases you might not want to give it back). The range itself awsome. The members who put the matches on are great. If you live in or near MN and love shooting please come and try it out. the more people they get the more shoots we will get.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:04 PM

Next one's in June. Hope to see some more new faces. Hope to get to shoot the vintage sniper this time (actually I'm a bit relieved to get a bit more time with the rifle/loads, I was a little nervous about being on paper at 600 and figuring out which is left and right on my windage dial).

I think I'll shoot the M96 and G11 next matches so the K31 I shot last time (you'll have to provide PRVI commercial or GP11 ammo) and M39 will be available again as loaners.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:05 PM

+1

The last two matches have been a great experience (weather aside) and I would urge anybody that can make it to give it a try.

Last weekend I drove four hours for the sniper match, so it was a heart-breaker to be rained out. But I have to thank Polaris for letting my brother use his M39 in the last military match. That made the trip worth it for us.

Thanks again to all who are involved. A great bunch of people and it's been a pleasure getting to know you. Looking forward to June's matches.

John