Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > New Member Section
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2012, 01:20 PM

Default Another from California - L.A. Area

Just wanted to say hi to ya'll. Have yet to receive my order from CMP for a service grade garand, but I'm waiting patiently.

To answer a few questions:
1. No, neither my name, nor nickname, is Bubba.
2. Yes, I hate the idiotic laws passed both at our State and local levels.
3. Yes, I'm planning on escaping soon.
4. My screen name comes from the fact I do live in a hilly area of N.E. Los Angeles next to Pasadena. Rose Bowl is 2 minutes away.

CMP is one of the last bastions whereby a citizen can receive a part of history directly to their front door. I applaud them for keeping up their good work.

Hilldweller
Old 07-08-2012, 01:49 PM

Welcome to the forum.

μολων λαβέ
NRA Life Member
Old 07-08-2012, 04:03 PM

Welcome Hilldweller
A lot of good peaple on this forum and they have the knowledge. So ask questions.
Dick
Old 07-08-2012, 04:33 PM

You know you'll miss the Rose Parade every year, the July 4th fireworks at the Rose Bowl, 2 pro football teams in L.A. and being only 10 miles from the capital of Mexico.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dx'd View Post
You know you'll miss the Rose Parade every year, the July 4th fireworks at the Rose Bowl, 2 pro football teams in L.A. and being only 10 miles from the capital of Mexico.
Ha Ha Ha Ha

You've got a point. Our wake up call on New Years day is the B2 Stealth bomber flying right over our house; sometimes accompanied by a couple of F-15's. That thing is LOUD ! Shakes the house.
As for the fireworks show....we have enough fireworks going off in the local area that we never have to pay for a formal show !
L.A. has a football team? Really?
And yes, I'll miss the short commute to the capital. Santa Ana....right?
Old 07-09-2012, 04:58 PM

Default Welcome to the board!

As far as the NFL teams that no longer exist in that area. I hope to God the Raiders stay in Oakland and St Louis can keep the Rams. I just fled from Upland again. I left that hole once and don't know what ever possessed me to return. This time I'm gone for good. 2012 was my first Rose Parade, glad I got to take that in finally. Next time around you should take a trip to the South Store. Then you can laugh at California like I did. 10 day wait, what 10 day wait???
Old 07-10-2012, 11:36 AM

2 pro football teams = USC and UCLA. LA = capitol of Mexico. Garden Grove = capitol of S. Viet Nam.
As much as I'd love to make a pilgrimage to the Shrine, it makes no sense economically.
My great-great-grandparents had it much tougher fighting to keep their oil wells and orange groves from being stolen, so I'm sticking it out.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:36 PM

I sort of grew up in the S. Pasadena, Pasadena and San Marino areas during the school years and spent Summers working out of Tuscarora, Elko Co., NV. Knew Colorado Blvd's every inch. This was in the late 40's and early 50's. Left the area permanently around 1956. Was out in Studio City a few years ago and took a run down the Blvd. Hell, I didn't recognize anything. Anyway, nice to have you on the forum. Hope your new rifle is exactly what you wanted.