Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP Bolt Action Rifles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2012, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calif-Steve View Post
Even then, expect problems.
I think that is right.

My cousin owns a fly fishing business, with his own brand of rods and reels, etc. He was having his reels made in China, but due to problems with quality control, he switched to having them made in South Korea.

He is a much happier man now.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calfed View Post
I think that is right.

My cousin owns a fly fishing business, with his own brand of rods and reels, etc. He was having his reels made in China, but due to problems with quality control, he switched to having them made in South Korea.

He is a much happier man now.
That in and of itself is sad enough..A choice between S Korea and China. For now I'm glad I stuck with my good old weaver made in El Paso. As for Ceresco complaining...I've never seen him complain about something that didn't deserve to be said...

Northland Sportsmen's Club, 2018 President
CMP Match Chairman
NRA Highpower Rifle Chairman
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Chief Range Officer
Old 07-25-2012, 03:40 PM

How about folks with these scopes posting the scope number? Thinking maybe issues are getting squared away as they go and hoping they're following a sequential number system.

BTW, just got mine, # 602. I was in China when it was delivered, so I have yet to shoot it. Planning on perry (busy weekend if it works).
Old 07-25-2012, 07:02 PM

Mine is 00358; obtained in early May. I am shooting it almost every day on two different rifles. Despite the internet bullying, I will have more to say about it later. Good Shooting.....
Old 07-25-2012, 08:08 PM

ceresco, how do you find swapping the scope between two rifles? Does it re-zero easily?

Regards,
Jim
Old 07-25-2012, 08:32 PM

The mount bases are (naturally) not positioned exactly the same, so zeroing is required whenever the scope is moved. I haven't finished testing, but my impression is the cliks are not very precise. I am dealing with a lot of factors at the same time; rifles, ammo, scope and mounts. The windage cap popped up enough to expose the clik mechanism the other day, if that gives any indication of the sort of things that come up. I am disassembling one rifle tonight to make a few changes. I will be sure to "box" the adjustments the next time I fire it with the HiLux. I have a Litschert on the second rifle at the moment and use it for testing the rifle and load. Good Shooting.... Addendum: "Boxed" the adjustments today at 100yds. Two shots at each corner, 10 cliks on each leg. Made a fairly good box, average of 3 inches, with the elevation better than the windage. The final 2 shots were 1.5" left of the initial shots. I then went down 30 cliks and fired 2 shots through the same hole--exactly 9" down-- so I make the cliks 0.3 MOA. My mount bases are the standard 7.2" apart. Shot a few for group and noticed it opening up--sure enough the front mount lock had started to loosen up. I will use a check list when we shoot this thing. Good Shooting....

Last edited by ceresco; 07-26-2012 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Addendum
Old 07-26-2012, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3StrikesNC View Post
How about folks with these scopes posting the scope number? Thinking maybe issues are getting squared away as they go and hoping they're following a sequential number system.

BTW, just got mine, # 602. I was in China when it was delivered, so I have yet to shoot it. Planning on perry (busy weekend if it works).
7/11 # 661. waiting on rifle so no info at this time kaleu
Old 07-26-2012, 09:51 AM

So, a question. Is the the "correct" mounting and location on the rifle ?

I'm referring to the location of the two little "clamp" collars, with the most forward one being next to the bell.

I pulled this pic off the Hi-Lux web site.

Thanks.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:11 AM

You set it wherever you want it for correct eye relief. Remember you are closer in prone than off the bench. I wouldn't attach any importance to the picture. Good Shooting......
Old 07-26-2012, 01:31 PM

Anybody have experience shooting with the recoil assembly on 03 non competative? thanks , kaleu