Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask CMP
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2019, 03:01 PM

Default Picture post help

Tried several times to post pictures without success. Followed advice posted here without success. Not proficient using computers at my old age. Have Garands, Carbines, and M1A,s, some parts and accessories to sell - all quality items. Can anyone help?
Old 12-07-2019, 07:06 AM

There is a long very detailed discussion linked below. Read it, re read. Maybe ask for help from someone close to you?

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=660

I joined another web site that will let me post pictures direct from my computer (or phone) this CMP website requires you store those photos on another service. My solution is not to post images here. I ask questions, I read, I contribute. I dont do photos here. There are several good forums that will welcome your photos. Those other website/forums or Gun Broker make it easier. Stuff seems to sell for top dollar here. It maybe worth your effort.

Last edited by fourbore; 12-07-2019 at 07:10 AM.
Old 12-07-2019, 07:54 PM

This board is a convenience for Garand enthusiasts, provided at no cost by the CMP. A lot of valuable information is provided by the contributors to this forum. We should not expect CMP to bear the expense and responsibility of dealing with our picture files. There are copyright issues connected to many of the pictures that folks have a habit of posting, just to mention one potential problem. I suggest that anyone who wants to add pictures to these threads, to adopt one of the free hosting services on the internet. It does not require a degree in computer programming to post pictures in this manner.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourbore View Post
There is a long very detailed discussion linked below. Read it, re read. Maybe ask for help from someone close to you?

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=660
Good tutorial there. I currently have pics on Imgur.