Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > Garand, Springfield, Military Rifle and Rimfire Matches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2021, 08:42 PM

Default Western Games Canceled

Well, so much for 2021. I was really looking forward to enjoying my annual trip to Phoenix. Maybe 2022??? This already has me worried about Perry this year. I got burned for my Phoenix rental deposit, so me and my group are out a chunk of change. I read the fine print from Airbnb prior to reserving the house, so chalk it up to life happens. I will just be more reluctant to plan ahead for Perry until this Covid nonsense is truly over. I just hope the CMP understands that shooters make considerable plans to attend these events, and if you open the match in the last week in October, then cancel it in early January, you aren't leaving too many options for the shooters to attend, and find housing.

Fingers crossed for the Nationals......

Ted
Old 01-16-2021, 09:35 PM

Unfortunately..... I believe you but a link to an announcement?
For some reason they seem to update the actual travel games page last...............
Old 01-16-2021, 09:49 PM

It shows canceled on the registration page. They state that emails are being sent to registered shooters, I just haven't received mine yet. Some of my fellow Oregon shooters have.
Old 01-16-2021, 10:35 PM

Hey gents, yes it's cancelled. The one main shooting event I look forward too. I heard from Ms Roguski today. That was followed by an email to the shooters who registered, followed by general announcement. They plan to return for 2022 games. Imho, the wording leads me to believe the western games will be looking for another venue . I can forward the email to those interested.
Keep your powder dry, Rich

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2021, 03:39 PM
Administrator

CMP CANCELS WESTERN GAMES DUE TO ARIZONA RESTRICTIONS

THE TALLADEGA SPRING CLASSIC (March 16-21) WILL REPLACE THE WESTERN GAMES THIS YEAR ONLY

“Due to the severely limited number of participants allowed at the Ben Avery facility imposed by the State of Arizona, it is not feasible to hold an event at the facility,” said Judy Legerski, CMP Board Chairman. In addition to allowing no ammunition or rifle sales, Arizona restrictions allows only 10 persons per building regardless of building size, and will allow no more than 50 people on the highpower rifle range (including range officers and staff) despite the outdoor venue. Read more at https://thecmp.org/cmp-cancels-weste...-restrictions/.