Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2010, 08:50 PM

Default Remington M541 X (video)

Hi all. I've had this rifle since late may and haven't stopped shooting it since. I challenged myself recently by starting to shoot l00 yards from the prone position. Here's a video I did.

Any sort of feedback with regards to anything in the video (my shooting, camera work, narration, presentation etc) is welcome I like input from y'all because youtube commenters are well you know...

Last edited by .22shooter; 08-17-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsrman36 View Post
Hi all. I've had this rifle since late may and haven't stopped shooting it since. I challenged myself recently by starting to shoot l00 yards from the prone position. Here's a video I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiZokyALzrg

Any sort of feedback with regards to anything in the video (my shooting, camera work, narration, presentation etc) is welcome I like input from y'all because youtube commenters are well you know...
I think you did a great job, bsrman36. Keep up the great shooting! Tell me a little more about that Remington...when did they first appear on the market? It looks familiar to me.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bold lancer View Post
I think you did a great job, bsrman36. Keep up the great shooting! Tell me a little more about that Remington...when did they first appear on the market? It looks familiar to me.
Well the government purchased these between 1984-1986. I'm not sure when they were "disposed of" through the CMP. Believe it or not, the CMP could not get rid of the rifles and most were sent to clubs in large quantities. Probably the early-mid 90's to answer your question.

It might look familiar because its very similar to the 513-T which was purchased by the government during world war two for training soldiers.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsrman36 View Post
Well the government purchased these between 1984-1986. I'm not sure when they were "disposed of" through the CMP. Believe it or not, the CMP could not get rid of the rifles and most were sent to clubs in large quantities. Probably the early-mid 90's to answer your question.

It might look familiar because its very similar to the 513-T which was purchased by the government during world war two for training soldiers.
I believe it was the 513-T that I used in my high school shooting team, provided by the Civilian Marksmanship Program...many years ago. It was a fine rifle.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:52 AM

The only negative criticism I have for the rifle is the trigger. The 513 uses the same trigger also. Its very heavy and has a lot of creep in it. When I first showed this rifle, I promised up and down that I wouldn't do anything to the trigger.