Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2011, 06:15 PM

Default williams sight adjustment on 541

Hi everyone. Quick question, what are the sight increments on the Remmy 541 sights?

Someone guessed and told me they are 1/5 minute...is that right?
Old 03-01-2011, 06:40 AM

I called Williams about 10 years ago and talked to one of their 'smiths. I was told the sight was supposed to have 1/4 minute clicks but didn't really work out that way. He alluded to the fact that the system has enough slop in it that it's almost trial and error and the sight is not really manufactured for a given front/rear separation distance.

When adjusting the sights on mine, I mark the lock screw on the slide with "White-Out", loosen the Allen head lock screws 1/2 turn and push down and right on the sight slide while making the adjustment. Continuing with the down and left pressure, I re-tighten all the lock screws. You get close, but still can't use the words "William's Target" and "repeatable" in the same sentence.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott in Michigan View Post
I called Williams about 10 years ago and talked to one of their 'smiths. I was told the sight was supposed to have 1/4 minute clicks but didn't really work out that way. He alluded to the fact that the system has enough slop in it that it's almost trial and error and the sight is not really manufactured for a given front/rear separation distance.
When adjusting the sights on mine, I mark the lock screw on the slide with "White-Out", loosen the Allen head lock screws 1/2 turn and push down and right on the sight slide while making the adjustment. Continuing with the down and left pressure, I re-tighten all the lock screws. You get close, but still can't use the words "William's Target" and "repeatable" in the same sentence.
For collecting purposes, you need the original Williams sight; to shoot, you should get a Redfield 75, Lyman 60, or Lyman 90 MJT, all of which fit the base already installed.