Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usafsfvet View Post
Just wanted to give an update:

The folks at the CMP are good people. I e mailed them to let them know about the issues I had with the rifle and why it was failing to feed. An armorer called me this morning to inquire. While on the phone, I took the garand apart while he instructed me to do a few checks. After that, he recommended that I send the garand back to him so he can resolve its issues.

I found it impressive how the CMP is willing to provide me a shipping label on their dime. When I explained that I didn't expect them to do that, they told me not to worry about it and they hoped to resolve the issues with my garand. I expressed to them how much I appreciated there willingness to resolve the issues with the garand as well as pick up the tab on shipping it back to them to be fixed. They never asked me to consider their point of view on shipping costs, nor did they ever throw the "as-is" clause back at me, where as I'm sure many companies would to cover their tracks and refrain from spending a dime on a customer.

I'll update once I receive it back from the CMP, which the armorer said should be a quick turn around. So far, nothing but praises for the CMP. That is something to be said about a government run program.
Don't worry, the CMP "shines", when there's a problem to overcome. With the many dozens of orders I've placed, the few small issues I've had, were all resolved quickly, and to my complete satisfaction. They are #1 in customer service, and deservingly so!
Old 04-13-2011, 01:35 PM

The H&R SG that Chris picked for me arrived today. Beautiful. Never seen one of the CMP stocks in person before. Metal looks good and the ME of 1 means she should be a shooter.

Thanks again Chris.

Now having to chant to myself, "Do not overnight paperwork to Chris. Do not overnight paperwork to Chris."
Old 04-13-2011, 09:19 PM

I feel your pain man. If I overnight tomorrow, would it get there before end of day Friday? Although it would be a terrible idea to send it and I really shouldn't but it would also be terrible to miss out on that awesome SA WWII rifle that will be calling to Magna as he walks by.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:27 PM

Just send it! You guys you know you want to! ;-)
Old 04-13-2011, 09:36 PM

If they have any SA WWII rifles in stock. Seems like those types of rifles have been lacking at the store for the past couple of weeks.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usafsfvet View Post
I took the rifle Garand that Chris picked out for me this afternoon to fire it for the first time. The excitement I felt at that moment could easily compare with the excitement and anticipation of a boy about to play with his prized toy found under the tree on Christmas morning. Despite my wife repeating “you’ll shoot your eye out”, I was anxious to give this M1 garand an opportunity to perform as it was created to do. Unfortunately, my excitement and anticipation turned into disappointment, for the rifle had issues that prevented me from enjoying it.

While at the firing range, I loaded the CMP provided embloc clip with 8 rounds of 30-06 (hornady garrand) rounds and loaded the clip into the garand. The op rod and receiver pushed forward to a close. I pulled the trigger, only to hear “click” instead of “bang”. Curious to see why it misfired, I pulled back the op rod to see what had occurred. To my surprise and dissatisfaction, I found an unfired round stuck in the opening of the barrel. Though the lip of the round was barely sticking out of the barrel, I was able to extract the round out successfully. At first, I thought I made a loading error, so I reassessed the situation and tried again. Same result.

I decided to try one more time thinking that this was just a fluke. I thought to myself, “surely this rifle is serviceable or else the CMP wouldn’t have sold it.” I reloaded the clip, placed the clip into the garand, and held my breath. Thinking that something worse may happen this time, I closed my eyes and hoped for the best. Click. Same result. I drove home disappointed and heartbroken that my prized WRA M1 garand was inoperative.

I contacted the CMP about the issue hoping that they can assist me on what to do.

That all stated, I'm happy with what Chris picked out on my behalf but am disappointed that the rifle had issues. That is not Chris' fault of course...I'm more disappointed that the CMP had a rifle available on the shelf that potentially had issues. Hopefully the issues can be resolved in a timely manner and inexpensively.

Just wanted to provide an update on the status of the M1 garand Chris purchased for me on April 2nd. I had to send it to the CMP for repairs due to the issues displayed above. Happy to report that Phil (an armorer at the south store) called me today to update me on what he did in terms of repairs.

First, he told me that he replaced a bad extractor as the extractor frame was badly worn. Second, he replaced the stock with a different one as the previous one was causing the rifle some problems. He also put a new trigger group in it and replaced the op rod as that was severely worn. He also said checked the headspace and saw that the timing was still good. All in all, it seems like he had to rearsenal half of the rifle. Phil said he shot 18 rounds out of it and it was flawless, so I'm looking forward to enjoying it myself. I imagine I'll get it back in a couple of days.

I wanted to express my graditude and satisfaction with the CMP in going out of their way to fix my garand. I'm feeling inadequate in my ability to express that graditude, but I certainly feel beholden to Phil and the CMP for going out of their way to fix my garand.

Thought it would be of service to the CMP to utilize their own forums to express my appreciation for the high level of quality customer service they have bestowed toward me. Perhaps those who are just now being aware of the CMP program will read this and no longer feel a type of anxiety or worry toward spending their hard earned money to obtain a rifle from them. I can only hope my experience aforementioned will encourage more sales on their behalf.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:22 PM

I mail ordered 2 SG HRA thre months ago and when I received them one had issues with bolt not going into battery on empty chamber. I emailed CS and Phil emailed me and told me he want me to return the rifle. CS sent me a return label. I sent the rifle back and they in turn sent me a different rifle that was almost brand new (maybe the felt sorry for me). Phil then emailed me back to say that the rifle had bad op rod and had timing issues as well.

I echo USAFSFVET's satisfaction with the CMP CS and their armorer. THANK YOU!