Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSimonetti View Post
Rules of chess applied to Garand hunting. Take your hand off the piece and it becomes his move
Indeed. I learned to take all of my prospects to the counter, then sort them out.

Fortunately, the force was strong with me that day, because I found a WWII rifle with original barrel and lockbars to bring home.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:12 PM

Winnie with the VAR 61 bbl still there when we left this afternoon about 1600. It was nice, why did you leave it?!? They put out another USGI stocked Winchester 1.283 Million that intrigued my Friends with an SA bbl. that measured .5 M and 1.5 TE according to my gage. It had a lot going for it, but sadly left still awaiting adoption. We are headed to the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot and Show tomorrow AM in a quest for another niche in his collection.
Lots of Very Nice Bbld receivers with bolts that I found nearly irresistable. With the assistance of the Staff, I actually found exactly what I wanted; a stripped receiver in the 600K range to fill the void in my collection. Fantastic Day all around.
WMC.

Last edited by Super Duty-KTP; 10-11-2012 at 09:15 PM.