Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 12:12 AM

I cant imagine shooting rimfire at 200. I will have to give it a try. Last week I was shooting my Rockola M-1 Carbine at 300. The target holder/backstops are black Celotex rigid insulation board. Kind of like ceiling tiles. It would go "Bang"......then when it hit the target board, I could hear it with earmuffs on. It would go "Thwack !".
Old 02-14-2013, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe wilson View Post
I cant imagine shooting rimfire at 200.
It's very capable (to a degree) at that distance. The tricky part is just knowing how much "dope" to put into your sights.

It can be a very frustrating experience at first. I found that it's easiest to sight in on a dirt birm/bank and have someone watch for the impact and then adjust from there.

Bill
Old 02-14-2013, 12:25 PM

If you have a ballistic program, you can enter the data for your .22 RF round and local conditions. Zero at 200 yards for the program. Then see how high you need to be a closer distance? Zero your rifle at the closer distance for the 200 yard zero--lets say for example that you need to be 15 inches high at 100 yards to be "zero" at 200 yds. This will put you on paper at 200.

It will also let you know if your sights will come up enough for a 200 yard zero. If not, you can post a aiming tgt. high and let your rounds drop into the actual tgt.

We did a 200 yd. "fun match" at our club, some could not get the elev., so they posted aiming "dots" high above the record tgt. It does work! HTH
Old 02-14-2013, 06:21 PM

When I zero my 40x for 200 yds I need to be 13.5 inches high at 50 yds using the same aim point. This is with eley black box match ammo. A couple more fine adjustments for conditions and I am ready to go. Wayne