Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 07-10-2014, 11:36 AM
packardrod40 packardrod40 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 229
Default

That's too bad. I would love to have an agent pick up one for me if the price wasn't too insanely high.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-10-2014, 11:42 AM
ArmyMAJORretired ArmyMAJORretired is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Peachtree City, GA
Posts: 547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by packardrod40 View Post
That's too bad. I would love to have an agent pick up one for me if the price wasn't too insanely high.
Last Thursday they wer $595 with Straight S stocks and $675 for ones with C stocks (kinda like garand pistol grip)

Hope that helps.

I'm almost tempted to take 1/2 sick day. 90 minute drive for me....

Decided to pass. I have a Smith Corona 1903A3 that ROCKs and I bought a Remington 1903 and a Remington 1903A3 last week with an SA Field Grade 800000 series with a 1942 barrel.

I can't afford to keep supporting the CMP until the Carbines come out!

Last edited by ArmyMAJORretired; 07-10-2014 at 12:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-10-2014, 12:03 PM
warrantw5 warrantw5 is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: NC
Posts: 686
Default

I was the guy with the two teenage boys at 0730. Worked all day Weds and drove all night. Pulled in the driveway at 0725 and in line at 0730. Well worth the drive. Must have been North Carolina day there.

I purchased a non-rearsenaled Rem 03a3 ME 1/2 TE 1 1/2. Blued where it should be.

Got a 1943 M1 FG with the correct 11-43 barrel. Thanks to the guy that pointed it out to me. ME 2 TE 4. All parts correct except the hammer is a 3 sa and the trigger guard is a WRA. Actually had the complete WW2 cleaning kit with oiler.

Definie, Melody and Leon are awesome.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-10-2014, 12:05 PM
ArmyMAJORretired ArmyMAJORretired is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Peachtree City, GA
Posts: 547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrantw5 View Post
I was the guy with the two teenage boys at 0730. Worked all day Weds and drove all night. Pulled in the driveway at 0725 and in line at 0730. Well worth the drive. Must have been North Carolina day there.

I purchased a non-rearsenaled Rem 03a3 ME 1/2 TE 1 1/2. Blued where it should be.

Got a 1943 M1 FG with the correct 11-43 barrel. Thanks to the guy that pointed it out to me. ME 2 TE 4. All parts correct except the hammer is a 3 sa and the trigger guard is a WRA. Actually had the complete WW2 cleaning kit with oiler.

Definie, Melody and Leon are awesome.
Great visit for you. If you have access to gauges you may want to check. I brought one to the counter last week that was marked ME3 and TE 4 and it actually gauged 2+ and 3+.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-10-2014, 02:53 PM
hoyrifle hoyrifle is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,618
Default

This stinks. Was there two weeks ago tomorrow. I was in Pell City Monday, not that it mattered on a Monday but in Alexander City today and couldn't shake free for a few hours to go back. Headed back home tonight
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-10-2014, 02:55 PM
warrantw5 warrantw5 is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: NC
Posts: 686
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyMAJORretired View Post
Great visit for you. If you have access to gauges you may want to check. I brought one to the counter last week that was marked ME3 and TE 4 and it actually gauged 2+ and 3+.
Thanks. I bought the CMP set today. I also bought a 5 digit FG. Not as correct or nice as the one with original barrel. I am going to post a question on how to use the MW gage. The Throat gage reads 3 even on both M1s.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-10-2014, 04:57 PM
medic15al medic15al is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Pell City, AL
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyrifle View Post
This stinks. Was there two weeks ago tomorrow. I was in Pell City Monday, not that it mattered on a Monday but in Alexander City today and couldn't shake free for a few hours to go back. Headed back home tonight
Hope you were treated well here!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-10-2014, 05:50 PM
C Dexter C Dexter is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 260
Default

I was one of the last to leave today and there were still probably 80+ 03A3s in the racks. It was a little surreal when first walking in the door. There are so many NICE ones still there. All Remington. Many with nice cartouches. More than a few with muzzles at 0 and many at 1. A few also swallowed the gauge though. There was also a lot of 03a3 drill rifles with very nice stocks. The remaining grade C Garand receivers remaining today are fairly heavily sandblasted with some pitting- not terrible though, worth the price. I believe the WRA ammo spam cans are now sold out but there are still LC and SL. Overall it was a great day and the folks behind the counter (Mike, Leon and Orest) we're awesome as usual.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-10-2014, 07:52 PM
MBP MBP is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: South FL
Posts: 259
Default

Here's some photos from the South Store this morning.

http://s1353.photobucket.com/user/ma...0South%20Store
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-10-2014, 08:36 PM
GeeBee GeeBee is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Posts: 1,304
Default

I was pleasantly surprised to see over 100 1903A3's this morning. Several were with as new barrels and with correct cartoushes. I picked up 2, both look like they were used very little if at all. These were much nicer than the Greek rifles that were for sale several years ago. I always enjoy meeting new folks and matching folks up with rifles.
Glad you took that '43 Garand home warrantw5. I would be over budget with that Garand and 2 03A3s.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12 AM.