Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 02:40 PM

Default Agents between now in Christmas??

Anybody happening to be going to the South Store between now and Christmas who wouldn't mind being an agent? I am looking for a shooter for Christmas. Not to picky on the manufacture or original parts or not. Thank you!
Old 11-19-2014, 03:00 PM
Banned

Saw you are a 11C, I was 11B. I plan to make my last trip of the year on Thursday 12/18.

I'm no way near as good as Rob 30-06 but I've bought some good shooters. I'd act as your agent, PM me for address etc.

I will not feel offended if a more experienced agent steps up. I've just selected for people I know and they were happy. I've really only been doing this since January but have learned a lot through these boards and at the store.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:54 AM
Super Moderator

Lonnie,
I know we corresponded some following my trip to the S. Store back in May. I had originally planned on returning this month and performing the same agent services; unfortunately, it won't happen due to a lateral move to another office which requires frequent TDYs.

Will have to send an e-mail to all the guys I assisted back then as I had promised to let them know when I planned on returning.

Will certainly let you know when I do end up heading that way, but not looking like until early spring.

If he can swing it, my recommendation is to contact the other Rob (rob30-06) via PM or e-mail...dependent of course on rifle availability, he'll do his best to take care of you if he can fit you in to his schedule. Lots of posts here to back it up, but he's good people...spent some time visiting with him and his brother during that trip in May.

Good luck,
Rob

CMP Customer / GCA Member / VFW & NRA Life Member

Feedback Thread: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=137544
Old 11-20-2014, 07:18 AM

I'll let Rob30-06 speak for himself, but he has told me he is placing limits on the number of clients he will represent per trip. Gone are the days when he would buy for 10 clients per trip, resulting in an 18-hour round-trip day for him. His next visit is Dec. 6 and he is, I believe, "full up." Rob will correct any misrepresentations here.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:42 PM

Thumbs up Never too many....I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennboy View Post
I'll let Rob30-06 speak for himself, but he has told me he is placing limits on the number of clients he will represent per trip. Gone are the days when he would buy for 10 clients per trip, resulting in an 18-hour round-trip day for him. His next visit is Dec. 6 and he is, I believe, "full up." Rob will correct any misrepresentations here.

Tennboy, having accompanied me on several trips, knows the score for sure.
Happy to put new guys in the list for selections. Just know that right now it may take a couple trips to get to you.

happy to help even if it does take some time.

PM me if interested,
Rob
Old 11-20-2014, 08:42 PM

Sorry I'm not making another trip until Jan when I'm passing through to my new home in VA. :-) Bye Bye CA soon enough! Would be glad to get you on a list for then.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:45 PM

Thank you all for your responses. Being pressed for time, I am going to give ArmyMajor a try. I have been meaning to get to the SS for some time now but never seem to make it. It's a pretty good hump from OK. However in Apr I will be in Syrna, Tn for some training and plan on stopping by on the way to/from. Thank you again!
Old 11-21-2014, 02:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache 46 View Post
Thank you all for your responses. Being pressed for time, I am going to give ArmyMajor a try. I have been meaning to get to the SS for some time now but never seem to make it. It's a pretty good hump from OK. However in Apr I will be in Syrna, Tn for some training and plan on stopping by on the way to/from. Thank you again!
Thanks, I'll try my best to pick you a winner. I'm also an agent for another person on 12/18 and am bringing a friend who knows a lot more than me to assist. I'll do my best. The 2 people I acted for got their Winchesters this week and are very pleased.

My way to pay back to all the great people I've met on the forums and the stores. Rob 30-06 is DA MAN! He helped me with my 1903A3 selection.

Also had some 1903 experts help me as well. Great community.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:36 AM

Do you guys think there will be any more Winchesters at the South Store? If so I would really appreciate someone to act as an agent for me. I'm not looking for anything really special, just a good shooter with a readable Winchester heel mark and GI wood if possible. Please PM me if interested.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:40 PM

SkipinSD and Reconinforce,
If either, or both, of you are still looking for an agent I'll be going to the SS on 12/18 and would be more than happy to act as an agent.

I'm by no means an expert or claim to have the knowledge of Rob30-06, ArmyMajorRetired, or Magna, but i've picked many nice ones for myself and a few friends that i've taken along.

PM me if you're interested.

Sounds like ArmyMajorRetired may be there the same day...we'll just have a picking party i guess.
Closed Thread