Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2015, 02:28 PM

Default Store Report 1/17/2015

Well today was a good day at the store. I didn't have too many to shop for and found everyone something to ship home.

Got there by 7:30 and there were a few other cars waiting as well. We got out of the car and waited by the door and began chatting before they let us in alittle before 8.

The Winchesters showed up today. There were 20-25 WRA SG and FG's on the racks. Needless to say that where we all went looking.
There around 10 total still wearing their original WRA barrels many with good ME/TE measurements. There was only one WRA SG that had the WRA barrel and some other gentleman got it for himself as luck because he went for the shiny stock. lol

The SG's were in great shape and had some beautiful wood. Many of them were 60's rebuilds.

The FG's were in great shape with some decent stocks that were not too beat up.

Most guns were WRA receivers only unless they had the WRA barrel. WRA bolts were found random and I spotted a nice complete narrow WRA gas cylinder assembly. There were about 5 sets of SA lockbars, a SA JLG stock, SA NFR stock, WRA stock, SA SHM stock, and a few IHC stocks were found.

They had a few SA rack grades and 2 racks of HRA rack grades. In the quick look it seemed like there were be some worth taking home.

The M1C SGs were all greek. A few NM rifles are still there.

M1D RG/FG's were in the store and they looked rough.

Racks of M1 drill rifles and some 1903 drill rifles.

The deal of the day was 4 HRA Correct Grades on a rack today!!! Yes you read that right. $1535

They had some 10 and 16 bayonets which were in good shape and didnt look like they were used to dig trenches.

Had some cans of AP ammo in the store but it was rough with case discoloration/corrosion and many of the bullets were unseated. Good to breakdown and reload.

Random boxes of Garand slings and boxes of random pistol holsters.

Magna
Old 01-17-2015, 03:54 PM

Did you mean Store Report 1/17/2015?
Old 01-17-2015, 03:57 PM

Sounds like a good day to be at the CMP South Store!
Old 01-17-2015, 05:49 PM

Two buddies and I drove up and got there around 12 today. There was about 10 Winchester Service grades, 12 or so winchester field grades, 3 correct grade h&r's, a bunch of cmp specials, and a half rack of h&r field grades. I helped one of my friends pick out a good field grade Winchester that had lockbars, GI walnut, and other WWII parts with a 1 me 3 te barrel. This was our first time going to the south store. I didn't buy anything but really enjoyed helping
my friend get his first garand and see his excitement.
Old 01-17-2015, 06:54 PM

Default Correct grade HRA

Great day today at the south store. Plenty of nice rifles to choose from. Had a budget in mind on the drive from Augusta Ga to the store. That went out the window when I saw five correct grade HRA rifles. I had to pick one up. I also got a really nice WRA field grade ME/TE both 1. Another gentleman that was in line first thing in the morning was eying it for 30min before he put it back. I didn't hesitate to grab it. all in all a great day. I got a WRA and HRA for my collection. The correct grade HRA was the highlight for me. These are said to only be available through the action site and are very rare. I'm extremely happy to have one
Old 01-17-2015, 06:54 PM

Yes thats what I meant. I was up way too early after driving all day yesterday. :-)
Old 01-17-2015, 06:56 PM

Send a message via ICQ to bkavanaugh

Sounds like a great day. Congrats.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:43 PM

Arrrrgh!
Old 01-18-2015, 09:29 AM

Unhappy

STOP! ....You guys are killing the rest of us !!!!!! ...........
Old 01-18-2015, 03:36 PM

I am sorry to report I did not share the fine experiences reported by the other folks who posted. This was by far the worst CMP experience I have ever had. After de-conflicting my day so I could go, driving 4 hours round trip arriving before opening, sitting out in the cold waiting for opening, I went home empty handed despite a store full of Winchesters. It is hard to really look over rifles when you are being badgered by others who see you found a real jewel or two and they want it bad. "Have you made a decision? Have you made a decision?" What is worse is giving up one of those jewels to have some breathing room in the store only to be gleefully told you just gave up the one of the best rifles of the day. The thrill was gone, and someone who was not there is going to be very happy. Congratulations to the customer who gets it. Your Agent did well. It was a very inconsiderate experience. I came to buy one rifle. And only one. I left with none. And that is okay. But, I left with a very bad taste in my mouth. I hope if I can find the time to visit the store again, our fellow customers and agents will be more considerate of each other.