Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2015, 02:19 PM

Last trip I made last summer with my dad was kinda the same way. Picked up a nice M1D they brought from the back since there wasn't much on the rack. All that was there were field grades. Maybe 15, 20 tops. All SA. We got there early by not paying attention to the time going back an hour. Worked to our advantage. Leon let us in a bit early. First rifle i picked up was a correct 2 mil range with uncut op Rod and GAW/RIA rebuild stock. Contemplated a bit but hung on to it while I picked up a 3 mil that appeared correct with an uncut op Rod and NFR stock. A local regular came in and hovered the entire time we had them in our hands. Had i stepped backwards I would have tripped on him. We bought them to be a pain more than anything and must say it felt good to be a bit vindictive in that situation. Some people are nothing but vultures. I bet he asked Leon 5 times to bring more out.

As far as the current situation goes with WRA, I don't see why they don't limit them like they did the IHCs. The stories I have heard with people buying 2, 3, 4 and more Winchesters is disheartening and pretty much convinced me not to make another trip.
Old 01-24-2015, 04:02 PM

7 pages of **********ing & whining. So much for a store report.

OP should change thread title to "flow report".

Last edited by D1jinx; 01-24-2015 at 04:05 PM.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1jinx View Post
7 pages of **********ing & whining. So much for a store report.

OP should change thread title to "flow report".
Your commentary added nothing to the discussion. The report was the very first post in the thread.

As someone who's been collecting while living on the east coast and the west coast, a trip to the store is a flight and rental away. I make it a point to volunteer each and every trip behind the scenes. (pro tip: you can write off much of the trip because of it being donated/volunteer work) Lots learned from sorting ammo, to sorting parts to grading carbines and garands. I've my opinion about allowing "agents", but like our rear ends we all have one.

I'll say this, with the low volume of store stock there is a snowballs chance of making the trek again if I'd be contending with agents for people who are not content with luck of the draw mail order. I can only imagine how it must be for someone who made the trek and was not as knowledgeable about what to look for while browsing.

All that said, I've had many opportunities to help out noobs to garands in the stores. Its a great feeling being able to pick them out gems, and share a bit about what they are holding in their hands.

Last edited by Fogtripper; 01-24-2015 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogtripper View Post
...I've my opinion about allowing "agents", but like our rear ends we all have one.

I'll say this, with the low volume of store stock there is a snowballs chance of making the trek again if I'd be contending with agents for people who are not content with luck of the draw mail order...
Are you content with luck of the draw mail order?
Old 01-27-2015, 11:18 PM

What if.....all rifle purchases were required to be made by an agent at a store...whole new ball game! Everyone gets a hand-picked rifle!
Old 01-28-2015, 05:28 PM
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcmaize View Post
What if.....all rifle purchases were required to be made by an agent at a store...whole new ball game! Everyone gets a hand-picked rifle!
I would like this I am so close to the CMP South Store and sometimes I am people's agents.