Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-04-2016, 06:56 PM
rob30-06 rob30-06 is online now
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,733
Default Can't stand it - got to go

Headed to the SS tomorrow with a goal to find a NM that speaks to me.
We'll see how it goes.
A couple of the Hee Haw Gang are going with me, though not sure what they will find to look at.

My goals:
- NM rifle with matching stock
- any rack grade with original finish and barrel
- submit a mail order for 4 Field Grades
- dig deep into the box of slings
- anything new
- meet other forum and CMP members (ran into quite a few at the Atlanta gun show that said they were coming)

We'll see how it goes.
Will take pictures and submit a report

Worst trip I ever had was still pretty good

Of course, I see Ribs in my near future

Rob
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-04-2016, 06:56 PM
redneckgunman redneckgunman is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Springfield, GA
Posts: 246
Default

Good luck on your NM quest!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-04-2016, 07:03 PM
AFcop AFcop is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Knoxville Tennessee
Posts: 1,073
Default

Good luck rob, you always manage to find the wonders tucked away in Anniston
__________________
____________________________________

SSgt
=Operation Iraqi Freedom 2010=
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-04-2016, 07:44 PM
rob30-06 rob30-06 is online now
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,733
Default

Thanks guys. I hope my luck holds out
Rob

Course theres always the slings

Rob
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-04-2016, 07:48 PM
aub1957 aub1957 is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Auburn, AL
Posts: 408
Default

Boy, I saw a nice one last time I was there. I held it, admired it, pretended I was at the range, then set it right back in the rack after reality set back in. Have fun! Wish I could go tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-04-2016, 08:08 PM
rob30-06 rob30-06 is online now
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,733
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aub1957 View Post
Boy, I saw a nice one last time I was there. I held it, admired it, pretended I was at the range, then set it right back in the rack after reality set back in. Have fun! Wish I could go tomorrow.
Well, I hope the one you liked is still there.
The store really had some nice NM rifles a while back. Wish I had bought one back then,
Been saving my nickles though so maybe there will be agood one for me to get.

Of course it has been 3 months since I was there last so it will be good to see the folks at the store again.

Great bunch,
Rob
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-04-2016, 08:34 PM
Rob257 Rob257 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Taneytown, Md
Posts: 466
Wink Just think about the $$..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob30-06 View Post
Well, I hope the one you liked is still there.
The store really had some nice NM rifles a while back. Wish I had bought one back then,
Been saving my nickles though so maybe there will be agood one for me to get.

Of course it has been 3 months since I was there last so it will be good to see the folks at the store again.

Great bunch,
Rob
You'd save if they knew how to make good 'Ribs' in Tennessee.

Rob257
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-04-2016, 08:42 PM
rob30-06 rob30-06 is online now
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,733
Default I'm all about good ribs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob257 View Post
You'd save if they knew how to make good 'Ribs' in Tennessee.

Rob257
I travel all over the USA and I make it a point to try the ribs whereever I go. You got to have somehting to do for fun when you travel for work, right?

The BEST ribs I have had were at Bray's BBQ in Oliver Springs Tn. Bar none.

As much as I look for better, I have not found them yet.

My mark for the best ribs is if you don't have to put anything on them. Good bark, easy pull, slides off the bone, deep smoky flavor.
OK, now I'm hungry

Of course if you have the best ribs, tell me where and when I am in the area I will give them a try. Keep in mind that I am no rookie with ribs and can be pretty harsh if they don't measure up.

What you got?
Rob
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-04-2016, 09:07 PM
Rob257 Rob257 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Taneytown, Md
Posts: 466
Smile Better than "Ribs"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob30-06 View Post
I travel all over the USA and I make it a point to try the ribs whereever I go. You got to have somehting to do for fun when you travel for work, right?

The BEST ribs I have had were at Bray's BBQ in Oliver Springs Tn. Bar none.

As much as I look for better, I have not found them yet.

My mark for the best ribs is if you don't have to put anything on them. Good bark, easy pull, slides off the bone, deep smoky flavor.
OK, now I'm hungry

Of course if you have the best ribs, tell me where and when I am in the area I will give them a try. Keep in mind that I am no rookie with ribs and can be pretty harsh if they don't measure up.

What you got?
Rob
Backfin Maryand Crabcakes broiled on a charcoal grill with twice baked red potatos and fresh lightly grilled asparagus. Hot melted butter with a light touch of fresh garlic and fresh baked buttermilk biscuits...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-04-2016, 09:20 PM
The Apprentice The Apprentice is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Umatilla,Or
Posts: 475
Default Lots of pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob30-06 View Post
Headed to the SS tomorrow with a goal to find a NM that speaks to me.
We'll see how it goes.
A couple of the Hee Haw Gang are going with me, though not sure what they will find to look at.


We'll see how it goes.
Will take pictures and submit a report

Rob
Good Luck Rob Living Vicariously thru your adventure I hope you Find one!
__________________
CGA Member 31675
CMPUser2953
CMP Customer #:249381

33+ transactions, 100% Positive Itrader rating,
My feedback
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....ght=apprentice
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:46 AM.