Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask CMP
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 12:30 AM

Default Clarification needed on 1911 lottery and auction.

As there is a one per customer limit till all who send in the complete package are fulfilled, how will we know if we want to get an auction pistol instead of a luck of the draw in a grade. It seems that there will be a problem with it as unless the auction ones are shown beforehand, some will skip over the luck of the draws to get an auction one while those who would miss the luck of the draws could jump the line and out bid on the auctions. Example: #10 wants one from the auction so bypasses the luck of the draws. #10 gets out bid very time by someone who has a number higher than #8000. So #10 effectively loses out on all options or would get stuck with a lessor grade that they would have been qualified to originally to buy. Will the CMP make it known as to how many are going to be auctioned? Or will the auction ones be put up first? Or will it be restricted to those with numbers under 8001 until the first 8000 have gotten one? And what happens if someone is so far down the list that all that are available are rack grades but the person does not want that category? Will they be allowed to be put in the second year release instead of taking a rack grade?
Old 05-14-2018, 08:41 AM

Seems pretty straight forward to me. Either be willing to accept a 1911 sight unseen or pay through the nose for an auction 1911. If you win an auction and have a lottery number when the number comes up you are skipped and #8001 gets moved above the cut line. Conversely if you get a lottery 1911 then win an auction (not that you should be bidding) the first runner up gets the pistol.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:51 AM

Default Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFJon View Post
Seems pretty straight forward to me. Either be willing to accept a 1911 sight unseen or pay through the nose for an auction 1911. If you win an auction and have a lottery number when the number comes up you are skipped and #8001 gets moved above the cut line. Conversely if you get a lottery 1911 then win an auction (not that you should be bidding) the first runner up gets the pistol.
^^^^IMHO
Old 05-14-2018, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFJon View Post
Not quite that simple. 8001 would still not get one unless #10 never won on the auction and the ones over 8000 were allowed to bid. We were told that the total is 8000, not 8000 plus however many auction ones. The last auction one would have to go to #10 if the other 7999 had already been claimed if those above 8000 were excluded from bidding. As far as the second scenario you gave. If a person is bidding on more than one and wins two, it has never been the policy that I know of to pass it on to the second place person. It would just go back up on auction. Reason being that a person could bid on many of them and run the bids way up if there were more than one offered on the auction on any two week time period, then my scenario of winning two could happen. And then the runner up would be paying a way inflated price over what they might have paid if the high bidder had not been bidding. Which is why they have in the past, returned items to the auction queue. Knowing how many were going to be auctioned would make it easier to decide if you wanted to chance the auction or take one of the ones offered. You also run into a similar situation if say number 5000 is bidding and then get a notice that their number is up for a decision. Waits out the auction and wins, takes the auction one, and the next person in line gets the chance at the luck of the draw. Or, waits out the auction and loses, then contacts the CMP and takes the choice offered. So what it boils down to is are those over 8000 going to be allowed to bid on the auction ones before the ones under 8000 are fulfilled? Or are all auction ones going to be held until the rest have been spoken for? And opened to all who did their paperwork. The wording of the webpage does not cover the ones on auction except that if you win one, your number is pulled and if you take a luck of the draw, you can't have an auction one too unless everyone has been gone through that ordered.
Old 05-14-2018, 12:30 PM

Oh good lord.
Old 05-14-2018, 12:45 PM

I'm trying to only post when I can actually be useful, but you are waaaaay overthinking this...
Old 05-14-2018, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeroub View Post
I'm trying to only post when I can actually be useful, but you are waaaaay overthinking this...
Agreed...Put in your paper work and take your chance in the lottery. If you want to bid on an auction bid on it. I'm pretty sure that after all of these years the CMP knows how to deal with it. There have been other times when you were allowed only 1 on an item.

Last edited by Strick; 05-14-2018 at 01:47 PM.
Old 05-14-2018, 02:20 PM

pick a straw any straw from any pile but only 1 straw.

Last edited by rgdguns; 05-14-2018 at 02:23 PM.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:39 PM

there is some merit to both lengthy posits and it all comes down to just how many items are for auction, whether the full compliment of pistols is available to Lotery. I also can't see there being no busted pistols in a batch of 8k.

As for auction, you can probably only bid on one at a time and if you get an auction item, you relinquish both your lotery and future auction options. That does also set some timming strain on the release of auction items as previosly stated so I bet your lotery number will be held through to the completion of any auction your (winning?) bidding.

And recal, the cmp is "next one one the rack" dispersion. So even if some items leave while your in a (winning) bidding auction and your lotery is on hold your going to get one... the next one on the rack. Yet as items go, as they naturally leave the premisis, you will only get a choice of grades as they have left, even if you miss a grade while in auction or lottery is on hold. The the same as ainy one in line who find only one grade left when they get their option.

So, how many of each grade can we Expect? 6k solid service grade? WhAt if we all want rack grade?

Last edited by TrenchKnife; 05-14-2018 at 09:46 PM.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrenchKnife View Post

So, how many of each grade can we Expect? 6k solid service grade? WhAt if we all want rack grade?
when they did the M1 Carbine draw (which I did not get one) - if you were asking for a rack grade but wrote on the paperwork you'd accept either, they might offer you a standard grade - that was what I understood

--------

I think folks will either get one or they won't - you get offered a lottery 1911a1 - either take it or don't and try for the 200 auction 45's.
Closed Thread